Why has the ability to delete a dataset from the cloud been removed?

Options
I used to be able to delete a dataset from the cloud. I am running Windows R25.10 and I am having problems syncing the cloud. Many resolutions mention deleting cloud data which I have done in the past.

Comments

• JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It hasn't been removed, but it does have to be done from a second data file.  You can't delete the cloud data from the current data file.
    Edit -> Preferences

Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please elaborate upon what, precisely, you mean by "synching the cloud".  Are you using Q's Cloud Backup feature?  Are you using Q on the Web, or Q Mobile?
    And, what problems are you having with this synch?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• lbsunbum
    lbsunbum Member ✭✭
    Options
    When I sign in to the mobile app, I must choose between my current file and an old dataset file that I created off of a backup some time ago when I was having issues. On the desktop with the current file open, I have no option to delete any other data file. If I was a betting man, I would say the desktop does not recognize any other file. It does not pose any problems for me but it is something that should be corrected.
  • lbsunbum
    lbsunbum Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've had many crashes recently when syncing the cloud from the "Mobile & Web" screen and from the "One Step Update" screen when "sync to Quicken cloud" is checked. In both situations, the crash occurs when syncing to the cloud and downloading transactions. Just today, I reset the data and it appears to be working now.
  • JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Each data file has an unique Id in them that Quicken/Quicken Cloud uses to tell them apart.  A backup of your file is going to have the same unique Id, and as such Quicken will think they are the same "data set", and you will not have a way to delete the cloud "connection/data set" because there is only one.

And there also lies a big problem, and that is what happens to the "sync" if the user goes and restores from a backup.  Seems like a very problematic problem to me.
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
This discussion has been closed.