FAQ: Why Reconciliation opening balance has changed and no longer agrees
- changed Reconcile status
- changed amount
- transaction was deleted
- using Validate & Repair (QWin only) could delete a damaged transaction
- a transaction was copied/duplicated that was already reconciled and so copied the reconciled status too
- in the case of transfer transactions, the matching transfer-to transaction was changed or deleted in the other account register, or the transaction was re-categorized as no longer a transfer but as a categorized Income or Expense
- if you Sync to the Quicken Cloud for Quicken Mobile or Quicken Web, the Sync process changed something or you made changes to an existing transaction on the web / phone app
- In QMac, Option-Click on CLR field of a single transaction to cycle through the Blank, Cleared and Reconciled flags
- In QWin, click on the Clr Field, and then click on the desired status (Uncleared, Cleared, or Reconciled)
- In both QMac and QWin, select one or more transactions, then right-click and select to change the reconcile status
If not successful, read these FAQs to see if it helps: Quicken Mac v3.5+ (QM2016+) Reconcile Troubleshooting or How Reconciling Works in Quicken for Windows.
Meanwhile, there is a feature in QMac 2007 that has not been re-implemented in "modern" QMac that would make this task far easier, reducing it to minutes or even seconds, vs hours or days. You can add your VOTE to Track/store Prior Reconciled Statements/periods.
First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count at the top of page 1 in the blue banner, so your vote will count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version (it may take a moment for your vote to register).
Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
FAQs: Quicken Mac • Quicken Windows • Quicken Mobile
Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas
Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires
(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)