Scheduling a Quick Pay or Check Pay for a future date?

Options

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you are looking to migrate from Quicken Bill Pay to an equivalent bill pay service to pay bills from within Quicken, I suggest you consider using any of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online payment using the Direct Connect connection method.  
  • EricC
    EricC Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    One other point that may have gone unnoticed is regarding the hard cap on the number of payments allowed per month. Even if they had future dating of payments they have throttled the number of payments you will be able to make. I think the distinction between Quick Pay and Check Pay will also present unnecessary heartburn.

"There is no current way to add more payments to your total monthly payments, but we are working to provide this option. If you reach your payment 'limit' for the month, you will see a message that you can't make more payments."

"Premier and higher: 12 Quick Pay and 6 Check Pay payments per month.
    Deluxe and lower (paying $9.95/month): 15 Quick Pay and 15 Check Pay"
  • SoCalScott
    SoCalScott Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought I read somewhere that (a) payments cannot be scheduled in advance, and (b) there are no recurring payments. Can that possibly be correct?
  • cbradbury
    cbradbury Member
    Options
    Not being able to future date a payment is ABSURD!! This is a MUST HAVE feature and I strongly support the chorus of disgruntled users here who are calling for the immediate addition of this feature!!!
  • Yakko
    Yakko Member
    Options
    Not being able to schedule payments in advance is also a non-starter for me. The payment limits are also a problem, I frequently have 20 bill pay payments a month (and get dinged and extra $5 because of it - which I don't mind). The *entire* reason I am willing to pay for the Quicken subscription is that it includes (included) the bill pay service. If a working bill pay service is not included, I see no reason to pay for the subscription. To me "working" means that I can schedule payments in advance, I don't have a limit on the number of payments I can make (even if it costs me more for extra payments), and also importantly I don't have to enter web site credentials for the companies that I am making payments to. Quicken has no business with knowing the details of my creditors accounts, all I want Quicken to do is physically mail a check or initiate an EFT to my creditor. If I can't have a working bill pay service from within Quicken, I would only need to upgrade my software every five years or so. I have been using Quicken since the 90s and for the last 20 years the only real reason I have upgraded the software was to keep bill pay working.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your feedback on the new bill manager, specifically the inability to schedule a bill payment.

While scheduled transactions are not available now, we know this is important to our customers, and are working on implementing this in a future release.

Thank you,
    ~~~***~~~
  • Mark&Kristine Thompson
    Mark&Kristine Thompson Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    (Removed)
  • warrenbh
    warrenbh Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Quicken Tyka. Unfortunately, "future release" can mean any time from "tomorrow" through the end of the millenium. Can you be more specific about when we can expect to have this inability to schedule future payments (and the resolution to the limits on the number of payments monthly) solved?
  • johnjay
    johnjay Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @llupin said:
    > My guess is that the contract with the old service is expiring and Quicken scrambled to get something new in place, even if it was not "ready for prime time."

I was told by two different Quicken customer support reps that when the sale on Quicken closed last November they lost their old service agreement for Quicken Bill Pay. They've been scrambling ever since to come up with another service.
  • Richard Young
    Richard Young Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I sent this to the Office of the President of Quicken:

Again, I feel the necessity to reach out to your office.  I look forward to the day when we can again celebrate the Joy of Quicken.

As I continue to use quicken, I am becoming more discouraged, disappointed and frustrated with the sale (spinoff or whatever it was) of Quicken.  I am also saddened, because over 30 years I have developed a connection to Quicken as a dear friend.  I am starting to feel like I am no longer welcomed and must find a new home, without knowing where to go; much like a child kicked out of his home.  I'm not giving up.  I hope that Quicken can again bring me back into the fold and make me feel welcomed, and stop making Quicken less and less useful.

As for the new Quick Pay / Check Pay (QP/CP), it is absolutely necessary for there to be an ability to future date payments and checks.  Later this month, I will potentially have an extended period without internet access and will not be able to push the "go" button to pay my bills.  I schedule my payments during the month so that I do not miss important payments.  Missing payments can negatively impact my credit history, my credit score, and my reputation.  I use quicken to ensure that I do not miss a payment date.  With the new QP/CP I already find that I am now reminding Quicken to not miss a payment date.  The software should help me manage my life; I should not have to manually operate the software. 

• Edwin E Massey
    Edwin E Massey Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is going to be a disaster. The way it is set up for paying bills will not work at all for me so I will have to find a different platform to use. The person/people that designed this sub-par product should not be in product design because this system is minimal at best and it is replacing something that really does work and most actual users are already finding out the new one will not work for them.
  • rreily
    rreily Unconfirmed ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    [removed - rant/off-topic/disruptive]
  • warrenbh
    warrenbh Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I recently sent a snail-mail letter to Quicken CEO Eric Dunn about the problem with future payments and he was gracious enough to respond, telling me that a remedy for the problem is under intense effort and a solution is expected before summer. I thanked him in response, and suggested that he should share the details and make periodic progress reports to the "community." He agreed, but I haven't seen anything yet. But I'm hopeful that it will work out sooner rather than later.
  • Scott22
    Scott22 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've been a 20+ year user of Quicken and I was using Quicken Bill pay and I was OK with switching over to Quicken Bill Manager (QBM). But QBM won't let me schedule a future check payment like Q.Bill Pay used to do. Future dating a check is a MAJOR feature I can't live without. Hope Quicken is listening, otherwise we'll need to go elsewhere for a new product.
    Quicken.... PLEASE HELP!!!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Might I suggest you look to see if any of your own banks provide Online Bill Payments.
    I happen to use Chase, and it works directly with Quicken to send and pay bills without using an external 3rd party service.  Also, I only need Quicken Deluxe -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Scott22
    Scott22 Member ✭✭
    Options
    If a bill/check is due on March 1, why would I initiate the payment on March 1?? In the past I had initiated the check 2-4 weeks earlier so it gets there on time. I go into Quicken weekly, not daily. It doesn't make sense to cut a check on the day it's due!!

After slowly going down hill for years, Quicken was recently purchased and was starting to make a comeback. I'm very disappointed that only 2 months was giving to make the bill pay switch and now it doesn't even work for simple functionality that has been around for 20+ years.
  • Dean Mechler
    Dean Mechler Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Apparently the people currently running Quicken.... don't use Quicken. The inability to schedule payments and the limit of 3 or 6 check pays violates two of the strongest points that Q Bill Pay offered for all these years.... I don't know what happened to the Q Bill Pay but the sooner Quicken can "upgrade" to a serviceable product again the better. Also, why can't we input in to a "check blank" type window like Q Bill Pay? Much more intuitive to use than either Bill Manager or Check Pay... Please???????? I suspect many of us use to pay for Q Bill Pay and would be willing to pay a reasonable fee again if offered.
  • warrenbh
    warrenbh Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm disappointed not to see any input to the "community" from the Quicken executive team about this bill scheduling/limit on number of payments problem. It would seem to me that loyal Quicken users, which is what most of those who frequent the "community" are, deserve to know what is being done to remedy this serious setback in Quicken functionality, and when it will happen.
  • Richard Young
    Richard Young Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am having issues with Capital One accounts when I try to add Cap One as a biller for Quick Pay.  Quicken keeps telling me that the next due date is not yet available...try again later.  Later never works, even after a monthly statement is issued.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Richard Young

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question.

At this time Capital One cannot be added as an online biller.

To learn more, please see the alert here.

I hope this clarifies.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • sgtm7
    sgtm7 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > At this time Capital One cannot be added as an online biller.

> -Quicken Tyka

What's in your wallet?
  • bodellk
    bodellk Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken did extend Quicken Bill Pay until the end of August which may give them time to fix the check pay issue
  • 1301940aba
    1301940aba Member
    Options
    It is very hard to now NOT be able to enter a transaction through Quickpay to pay a bill on a specific future date. When will this feature be reinstated that was in Quicken bill pay?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken has said they plan to provide the ability to schedule Quick Pay payments by the end of summer 2020: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-bill-manager-how-make-payments-using-quick-pay-and-check-pay
  • Randall Ledford
    Randall Ledford Member ✭✭
    Options
    How do I do that with the new Check Pay? I can create it for a future date, but I can't enter it to be paid.
  • larry.copeland.t
    Options
    I have been a user of Quicken and Quicken Bill Pay for decades and this is a real show stopper for me. If I cannot setup recurring payments then the bill paying service is worthless. I will be cancelling and moving to my bank bill paying services.
  • warrenbh
    warrenbh Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I just noticed that after I "upgraded" (I use that term advisedly) to Quicken 2020 last week, Quicken Bill Pay has disappeared from my accounts list and is not available for use. Quicken management says that the shutdown of Quicken Bill Pay was extended to the end of August, but what good does that do if the ability to access it has been removed from Quicken? This is a terrible disservice by Quicken for its customers. And I note that senior management has yet to provide any explanation as to when Bill Manager may acquire the functionality that we previously enjoyed with Quicken Bill Pay. Is anyone listening??
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    warrenbh said:
    I just noticed that after I "upgraded" (I use that term advisedly) to Quicken 2020 last week, Quicken Bill Pay has disappeared from my accounts list and is not available for use. Quicken management says that the shutdown of Quicken Bill Pay was extended to the end of August, but what good does that do if the ability to access it has been removed from Quicken? This is a terrible disservice by Quicken for its customers. And I note that senior management has yet to provide any explanation as to when Bill Manager may acquire the functionality that we previously enjoyed with Quicken Bill Pay. Is anyone listening??
    When upgrading from Quicken 2017, we need to create a new Quicken Bill Pay account to use Quicken Bill Pay from within Quicken: http://quickenbillpay.com/ArticleWinSwitch.html
  • skurtzman
    skurtzman Member
    Options
    The new billpay is a disaster. I can't program monthly payments to people or businesses that aren't online. This makes Quicken pretty much useless to me. The whole point is to not have to remember to send checks every month. If it isn't fixed, after 25 years with Quicken, I'm done.
  • Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    > @warrenbh said:
    > I recently sent a snail-mail letter to Quicken CEO Eric Dunn about the problem with future payments and he was gracious enough to respond, telling me that a remedy for the problem is under intense effort and a solution is expected before summer.

Thanks for getting this answer. It is somewhat encouraging. What I DON'T find encouraging is that we are in this position in the first place. It tells me that whoever is in charge doesn't really understand what is needed -- what is ESSENTIAL -- for a useful bill-paying service.

I understand that there are MANY bill-paying services attached to various financial institutions but they all miss two important things: 1) integration with an overall money-management program and 2) future cash-flow management. Quicken in the "good old days" used to do this for us, but no longer!
This discussion has been closed.