Import from Quickbooks Online to Quickbooks Mac 2016

KSLD
KSLD Member
I know its possible to move a Quicken file to the Online version but can you go the other way--Quicken online back to QB 2016 for Mac?

Best Answer

Answers

• KSLD
    KSLD Member
    Right—Sorry I am using Quickbooks Online, Small Business version. I am using Quickbooks 2016 for Mac.

Maybe others call it mobile or web but it just says QuickBooks Online on the website.

"QuickBooks Online is accessible securely from any web browser or through the mobile app. No download of software is required."
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Well, you wrote it the other way around...going from Quicken to QuickBooks.
    KSLD said:
    I know its possible to move a Quicken file to the Online version but can you go the other way--Quicken online back to QB 2016 for Mac?
    As stated, Quicken cannot directly import QuickBooks data. There is no direct path from QuickBooks to Quicken in any form supported by Quicken.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• KSLD
    KSLD Member
    on a different subject, can I import all the old contacts, customers, etc from an old QB 2016 file into a new company?
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no supported import functionality for any QuickBook data into QMac.

You could try a convoluted path of importing QuickBook data into another product, which then exports and can be imported into QMac. The only supported imports into QMac include, QWin (which has a bit more flexible importing options, but not much; but this is on the Windows platform), Banktivity, and Moneydance. BUT I have no direct experience to say if it is worth the effort and how successful that would be in the end.

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    KSLD said:
    Right—Sorry I am using Quickbooks Online, Small Business version. I am using Quickbooks 2016 for Mac.
    just to clarify - as Quickbooks and Quicken are both mentioned in your postings, but of course are totally different, but have similar names....
    Is there such a thing as...  Quickbooks 2016 for Mac ---> vs - Quicken 2016 for Mac
    Guessing you are running Quickbooks (online) and are asking about migrating any kind of data to the desktop Quicken for Mac 2016 - or - Quickbooks for Mac 2016

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are not sure what you want to do.  Which way you want to go.  If you have QuickBooks questions you should ask over in the QuickBooks forum.   QuickBooks and Quicken are not related and are owned by different companies.  

Go over to the QuickBooks forum here…

https://community.intuit.com/products/quickbooks-help-en-us 

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, QuickBooks 2016 for Mac does exist.

This discussion has been closed.