Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Product Enhancements (Mac)

QuickFill and Auto-Categorization should be off by default

Both QuickFill and Auto-Categorization should be off by default and user-controllable.
Tagged:
4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• dental_flossdental_floss Member ✭✭
    Continuing from above, because the above got posted without me actually clicking 'post comment'...and now this interface will not allow me to edit/save the original post above...

Both QuickFill and Auto-Categorization should be OFF by default and also user-controllable (with memory of last setting).

If a user desires Quickfill, then they can enable it.
    If a user desires Auto-Categorization, then then can enable it.

This should hold true for desktop version and any syncing to the cloud.

Vote!
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10
    Just to make it clears, the ability to turn off auto-categorization already exists for downloaded transactions. Preferences > Connected Services and uncheck the option that states:

'Automatically Improve the Quality of Downloaded Payee Names and Categories'

Yes that option exists but does not always work. Some downloaded transactions still get auto categorized. This happened to me today.

Re-wording that option to be more specific about what the user is really setting would be a good enhancement too. :)
  • unitic2unitic2 Member
    Doesn't work. I still have to click each and every entry to keep it from autofilling. Is there any way to fix this?
    Vote! And tell your friends to vote.