I need to reverse a mutual fund conversion I entered.

I need to do a partial mutual fund conversion. However, I ended up converting all the shares. Can I reverse the conversion?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Reverse?  Sorry, but no.
    Do you have a backup that you created shortly before this Conversion?  One that you can restore and then try again with the conversion.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say conversion, do you mean a share class conversion that you entered in Quicken using the Mutual Fund Conversion transaction?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Yes, that's what I mean.
  • Jim_Harman
    OK, then you should be able revert to a backup from before you entered the conversion, or in your current file delete the Added and Removed transactions that the conversion created in your account. 

Before deleting, be sure to back up your data file in case something goes wrong.
  • If I decide to delete the added and removed transactions won't that remove the lot history?
  • Jim_Harman
    No, after deleting the Added and Removed transactions you will be back to where you were before the conversion. You will have all of the lots of the original fund. You can set the As of date in the Holdings (Account Overview) view to just before the conversion to see this.