Need to convert windows cloud data file to a Mac data file

wolf47
wolf47 Member
My windows computer hard drive has failed. No access to data file. I backed up data file about a week ago to cloud. Using windows 2017
Need to convert download file so I can load onto mac

Best Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Which cloud did you backup you filr to? If it's the Quicken Cloud, you're out of luck.

Also, the Quicken Cloud is not a backup; you can't restore Quicken data from the Quicken Cloud, and you can't access the Quicken Cloud from anywhere except the desktop and mobile Quicken products.  If you're looking for a cloud backup service for Quicken, please see this information about Dropbox and Quicken.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10

Answers

• wolf47
    wolf47 Member
    To be clear I need to download cloud file and convert to a Mac
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Which cloud did you backup you filr to? If it's the Quicken Cloud, you're out of luck.

Also, the Quicken Cloud is not a backup; you can't restore Quicken data from the Quicken Cloud, and you can't access the Quicken Cloud from anywhere except the desktop and mobile Quicken products.  If you're looking for a cloud backup service for Quicken, please see this information about Dropbox and Quicken.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • wolf47
    wolf47 Member
    I thought the cloud was a backup no other data backup other than what was on computer. I guess I’m going to have to try and recover data from the hardrive
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There are multiple flavors of "cloud". If you used Quicken's syncing, then as others have said, you're out of luck because that is not a backup. If you had Quicken create  a backup file on a cloud service such as Dropbox, then your task is actually relatively easy. I f the latter, post back, and we can direct you how to proceed.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.