Quicken 2020 Home Business & Rental Property use on multiple computers

Can someone tell me (In Walmart English) about using QN 2020 Home Business & Rental Property on multiple computers. I have two desktops, one laptop, and mobile on my phone. Should I download the program and sync or use Quicken Web on all but one main desktop? (The more I read about this the more confused I get)

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello @jfaison698,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Yes, Quicken 2020 (regardless of which subscription) does install and can be used on multiple computers. However, you do not want to store your data file on a cloud-based drive location, only on your local hard drive for each computer, to avoid corrupting the file. You can store backup files on cloud-drives but would need to save and restore backups to have updated data on each computer when only using one dataset for each device.

If you do intend to only use one dataset, then we do recommend installing the DeskTop program on 1 PC only and syncing your data to the Quicken Cloud so you can access the same data from the Quicken on the Web App on our website on other PCs. As for your mobile device, only the Quicken Mobile app can be installed on that and will also require installing the DeskTop program on 1 PC and syncing the data to the Quicken Cloud. 

Note-- The Quicken Cloud does not store or serve as an additional location where you can save backup files or retrieve/restore data from to your DeskTop program. It only serves as a "mirror" for your dataset in order to pull up your DeskTop program's data on the Mobile and Web Apps.

You can also find this information on our Quicken website by clinking here.

Hope this answers your question and clarifies things.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello @jfaison698,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Yes, Quicken 2020 (regardless of which subscription) does install and can be used on multiple computers. However, you do not want to store your data file on a cloud-based drive location, only on your local hard drive for each computer, to avoid corrupting the file. You can store backup files on cloud-drives but would need to save and restore backups to have updated data on each computer when only using one dataset for each device.

If you do intend to only use one dataset, then we do recommend installing the DeskTop program on 1 PC only and syncing your data to the Quicken Cloud so you can access the same data from the Quicken on the Web App on our website on other PCs. As for your mobile device, only the Quicken Mobile app can be installed on that and will also require installing the DeskTop program on 1 PC and syncing the data to the Quicken Cloud. 

Note-- The Quicken Cloud does not store or serve as an additional location where you can save backup files or retrieve/restore data from to your DeskTop program. It only serves as a "mirror" for your dataset in order to pull up your DeskTop program's data on the Mobile and Web Apps.

You can also find this information on our Quicken website by clinking here.

Hope this answers your question and clarifies things.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jfaison698
    jfaison698 Member
    Thank you for this clarification!
This discussion has been closed.