Unidentified Shares of a Known Security

I just started downloading investments on-line (after years of enetering investment transactions manually) but in a few cases Quicken has been creating Placeholder entries that remove a few shares of known security, and replaces them with an equal number of shares of an Uidentifed Security. I can't figure out why, Quicken recognized all of the other shares of that same security, and it recognizes the Trading Symbol when updating prices, asset classes, etc. And the total number of shares of that security were correct before Quicken did this (i.e. the Portfolio View total matced the brokerage statement). For now I have just deleted the Placehoder entries that Quicken created, which fixes it for now. But will this be ongoing problem each time each time I update (or this just an annomoly in the intial download)? I guess we will see?

Best Answer

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the name of your brokerage?
    What is the security (both name and ticker) of the known security?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• gwwilliams3
    gwwilliams3 Member ✭✭
    Thanks -- I think that is exacly what happened. I am fairly confident (now) that I can resolve the issues the next time Quicken downloads a transaction for this specific security.
This discussion has been closed.