I have missing transactions in my bank account from Jan 2 to Feb 18.

How do I get them to show up? I have tried updating the info but they are still missing

Best Answer

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing to do is make sure that your register view is set up correctly.  It should look like this:

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• ponydoc4u
    ponydoc4u Member
    all of that is correct
    I have transactions before and after those dates but none between those dates
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you manually enter them or were they missed downloading?  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    In that bank account, WHICH column header has the Arrowhead in it ... and which direction is the arrowhead pointing?
    This arrowhead indicates the Sort Order for the account.  If it's NOT in the DATE column header, click on the Date header to re-sort the account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    edited April 2020
    @ponydoc4u - How frequently do you run OSU?  Is there any possibility that you didn't run OSU during that time period?
    Also, pull up a Banking Transactions report.  In the customization:
    • Date Range: Select Year, Year-to-Date, Current Quarter or something that would capture the time period in question.
    • Display Tab:  Select "Don't Subtotal", "Income & Expense" and click on "Reset Columns"
    • Accounts Tab:  "Clear All" and then check the account in question.
    • Categories Tab, Payees Tab, Tags Tab:  "Select All" on each tab.
    • Securities Tab:  Skip over since this is not an investment account.
    • Advanced Tab:  Amounts = All; Transaction Types = All Transactions; Transfers = Include all; Subcategories = Show all; Status box - check all boxes.
    • Click "OK".
    Do the missing transactions show up in the report?

• SPAH
    SPAH Member
    I'm having the same problem. What is OSU? I did not run an update during the time frame missing. I use Bank of America and Quicken for Windows v. R25.21
  • Ellen M
    Ellen M Member ✭✭
    I tried the above solution, but when I go to import the file, and I want to add it to the existing bank account, that bank account does not show up in the "link to existing account" list. Help!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ellen M said:
    I tried the above solution, but when I go to import the file, and I want to add it to the existing bank account, that bank account does not show up in the "link to existing account" list. Help!

You cannot import a QFX file downloaded from the bank into an account that is currently activated for downloading.
    To avoid creating an even bigger mess, import into a new temporary account register, then move all the transactions that you need into the desired account register and, when done, delete the temporary account register.
  • Boatnmaniac
    UKR said:
    Ellen M said:

You cannot import a QFX file downloaded from the bank into an account that is currently activated for downloading.
    To avoid creating an even bigger mess, import into a new temporary account register, then move all the transactions that you need into the desired account register and, when done, delete the temporary account register.
    @UKR - Historically, the only problem I've encountered doing WC with any account that is already set up with DC or EWC is that sometimes my EWC or DC connection is changed to WC.  It's been awhile since I've done that so I just tested it out so see if something has changed.  I just did WC's with an EWC savings account and also a DC checking account and both files imported perfectly and even matched transactions to previously entered and reconciled transactions.  In both cases I was prompted to either add new accounts or link them to my existing accounts (linking is what I did).  I then did Update Now on each of those accounts and that functioned well, too.  What am I misunderstanding about your "You cannot import a QFX file downloaded from the bank into an account that is currently activated for downloading" comment?
    Ellen M - @UKR 's suggestion to import into a new temporary account, move the desired transactions to the desired account and then delete the temporary account is a nice safety measure and could help to eliminate the need to possibly delete duplicate transactions.  Let us know if this process works for you.

This discussion has been closed.