How long are subscriptions?

I've been a Quicken user since Microsoft Money was abandoned and I switched with version 2009. I'm not new to Quicken, but I am new to the new subscription model. My last purchased version was 2017. I typically purchased every three years unless there were major changes that I felt I could benefit from. Now that I've had to switch to the new subscription model, I'm a little confused as to the during of my subscription. I downloaded the install from Quicken and used the activation key from my Amazon purchased copy. I installed everything just a little while ago, and activated, and was surprised when the program said "You've upgraded your subscription to Quicken Deluxe - Plan ends on Mar 04, 2022"

I'm certainly not complaining at all, but I was expecting my subscription to expire sometime in Jun of 2021. I double-checked in the program under About Quicken and it says almost the same thing. Membership valid until Mar 3, 2022.

Has anyone else seen this?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Amazon has offered 14 month and 27 month subscriptions.  I suggest you review your purchase order.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subscriptions come in various lengths ... depending upon where you buy Q.
    It sounds like you bought a 2 year subscription from Amazon.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Byron Followell
    Byron Followell Member ✭✭
    That's what I thought, and the label inside the CD cover says 1 year + 2 bonus months. Since I bought a physical product, I figured it would start the first day I activated, which was today. So, I would've thought it would be good to, or about June 24, 2021. Somehow I wound up with an odd ball 677 days.

Again, not complaining. I just found it strange.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    That's what I thought, and the label inside the CD cover says 1 year + 2 bonus months. Since I bought a physical product, I figured it would start the first day I activated, which was today. So, I would've thought it would be good to, or about June 24, 2021. Somehow I wound up with an odd ball 677 days.

Again, not complaining. I just found it strange.
    If you really only provided the activation code to Quicken today, I suggest you contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options  I suspect you may have had a active subscription you just extended.
  • Byron Followell
    Why the heck would I want to do that?! So they can take it away?!

Seriously, I had also use TurboTax, and I saw that I had a free year, at least I think it was a year, of Quicken Starter Edition with my purchase of TurboTax 2019. I activated that a week ago to check it out, but quickly found out it allows only the most basic of accounts and won’t allow loan accounts, so I purchased Deluxe. Maybe that somehow extended my subscription, but the dates still don’t add up unless maybe I was mistaken on how long that free Starter subscription was for.

Thanks.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Why the heck would I want to do that?! So they can take it away?!

Seriously, I had also use TurboTax, and I saw that I had a free year, at least I think it was a year, of Quicken Starter Edition with my purchase of TurboTax 2019. I activated that a week ago to check it out, but quickly found out it allows only the most basic of accounts and won’t allow loan accounts, so I purchased Deluxe. Maybe that somehow extended my subscription, but the dates still don’t add up unless maybe I was mistaken on how long that free Starter subscription was for.

Thanks.
    That would do it.  If you review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-manage-my-quicken-subscription, you may be able to work out the prorate applied.
  • Byron Followell
    OK, that makes sense. So, they gave me approximately 250 days of extra Deluxe subscription for most of a year of Starter Edition, which didn't cost me anything anyway, since they gave it to me for free with my TurboTax 2019 purchase. That's pretty good actually.

Now that I think of it, they seem to offer that Quicken Starter year for free deal every year with TurboTax, so that may be a way to get some extra mileage out of my subscriptions every time.

Thanks Intuit! I'm still not thrilled with the new subscription model, but this certainly helps a little.
This discussion has been closed.