Start up screen

Options
Is there a way to determine where Quicken opens on start up - i.e. can I get it to open to my last view, or the Checking Register for example ..? I'm a new user, using Windows based Quicken 26.17. Many thanks.

Best Answer

• SCM1959
    SCM1959 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Once again - thank you one and all for the swift, accurate and most helpful responses - this approach of looking for answers from the 'Community' is infinitely superior to Quicken Chat support - thank you so much again.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is a setting in Edit->Preferences that allows you to select the start "window", but "last view" is not a possibility.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Select Edit > Preferences... and choose from the Startup location pull-down menu.
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello SCM,
    Yes, you can set Quicken to open to a particular page on start up.

Within Quicken, at the top left of the screen, click on Edit > Preferences. Next, in the pop-up box, in the left hand column under "Select preference type:", highlight the first line, Startup. On the right hand side of the pop-up box, under the Startup location section, on the row titled On startup open to: in the drop-down menu you can choose which page within Quicken you would like the program to open to upon start up. Click OK to save your changes.

If you are interested, there are other areas of Quicken that you can set to your preferences too.

Let us know if you need any additional help. Thanks for posting.

• SCM1959
    SCM1959 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Once again - thank you one and all for the swift, accurate and most helpful responses - this approach of looking for answers from the 'Community' is infinitely superior to Quicken Chat support - thank you so much again.
This discussion has been closed.