Investing Portfolio Does Not Fill In Fund Category Column

I just changed my Quicken Deluxe Windows version from 2017 to a yearly subscription. Now when I open my Value or Historic Performance view in the Investing Portfolio screen, the Fund Category column is not filled in. It used to show the fund categories, i.e, large growth, mid value, etc. I spoke with Quicken Customer Care and he had me do a Super Validate and Repair but it did not fix the problem. Strangely enough when we opened an older backup of the older version it also did not fill in the column. However I have used Quicken Deluxe for many years and it always showed the fund categories. Can anyone solve this mystery?

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF, you're talking about the Portfolio page, simply click on the Customize button, immediately above the column headers, and then scroll down to select "Fund Category" to be added to the screen.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• BPL
    BPL Member ✭✭
    I did that many years ago. Thus, Fund Category was always included in the displayed columns.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, is there anything special, or unusual, about these funds?
    Are they normally available "retail" funds?  For example, my wife's retirement 403b account was previously managed by a firm that only offered their own proprietary funds ... and I could NEVER get any info about them except from the vendor's website.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• BPL
    BPL Member ✭✭
    I normally update my price quotes at the end of each month. Thus, today I was scheduled to do so. I just did the One Step Update and, magically, the Fund Category column is filled in for all but a few of the funds. Those are the ones that still have the clock icon, indicating their price did not update today. I can always manually update those if need be. Thank you for your assistance. you know Quicken way better than their technical customer care team. His suggestion was for me to make a written list of the fund categories to refer to. No, I thought. That is why I bought Quicken. Thanks again.
  • BPL
    BPL Member ✭✭
    NotACPA,
    These were all regular retail funds, except for two of them. Per my response to Jim, performing a One Step Update did the trick. Thank you both for your guidance.
This discussion has been closed.