Update from 2017 to 2020 Bills and Reminders Issues and Observations

13»

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Bob. said:
    Thought I mentioned Chris, but Validated Biller MANY times yesterday and today and all validate properly. No errors.

As always, thanks for the replies Chris. I will beat this before it beats me. But so damn frustrating. I wish releases were better tested. I cannot be the only one with these problems.

Just searched and others with the Chase errors today. Cannot find where to clear the Last Session Not Completed dialogs and hope that Chase will correct trying to connect to Error Recovery at Chase.
    I'm not reading all these posts, so I certainly could have missed you saying you tried validate billers.

I'm sure they would welcome you as a beta tester:
    https://quickenbeta.centercode.com/welcome/

As for steps to clear what you are seeing for the Chase error.  I see no point in trying to clear this error while we know that Chase OFX server is down.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Got a bill due from Unspecified Bill Presentment Account today. Have not had that in some time and forgot how to clear it. There is no delete option in that ledger and all entries are empty.

"Assuming" the new renditions of deleted and readded Online Biller works. i have just two more of those to try to correct.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    OOOPS, Xfinity just threw a bunch of errors requiring both the Online Biller and Reminders to be deleted and recreated. Then Got the Biller Already Added, bit one GREAT things about 2020 is I can remove it from the server file rather than having to call support. It "seems" to be OK now. Will see.

Such a lot of errors in Bills and Reminders. All from restoring from a backup :(
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Question: Has anyone on 2020 actually had this error clear when a new bill is ready?

Reason I ask is I have not. And I know that if I unlink, remove the online biller, add again, relink, correct dates that message "should" go away. But if it actually works to wait, I will. Seems to be the last two errors as those were working before this crash.

Of course, I have to go at least a month now to be sure all new bills come in, pdfs download and things continue to work.

I used to have confidence that is I screwed up in most ways, I could restore form a few hours or day before. I no longer have that confidence. Would like to hear from Quicken it will be fixed and notified when it is. And the Update Required for Online Bills needs to be squashed as well.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well, this morning Xfinity was no longer linked though I had deleted it, added back and linked successfully last night. Yet another glitch. I'm getting to the point I don't know what more to do to get Bills and Income and Reminders back working.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    OK, it seems after this "crash" the only way to properly link to a reminder again is:

1.Unlink the Online Biller from a reminder if linked
    2. Delete the reminder
    3. Remove the Online Biller
    4. Add back the online biller
    5. Create a new Reminder from the Link to Reminder on the Online Biller menu, not from the Reminders dialogs
    6.Mark current bill as paid if it truly has been.
    7. Wait until the next bill to confirm all is working as expected.

I'm now in waiting mode.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    First bill was just scraped and Entered and scheduled to be Paid through my bank. PDF has not updated, yet. Usually lags by a few days.

And just got a noticed that 3 updates seems to be available - 27.20-27.24. I am on 26 something. Sad to mistrust updating critical software (Windows 10 is worse, of course) and even more sad to mistrust being able to restore from a recent data file backup. I don't want to go through rebuilding Bills and Reminders ever again. Or trying to clear the Important Update Required. Or having to deactivate / reactivate several accounts to connect again. A shame. I always trusted I could correct errors by restoring. Not now....
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    (Removed-Duplicate Comment/Spam)
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Why has my comment on 27.24 breaking the update of Investments from One Step Update been removed? It has failed for me and others..

I'd like to know if I can revert somehow without creating more issues.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Apologies for my angst, but still waiting on the fix for Paypal well documented in another thread, waiting another month now after rebuilding Bills and Reminders to see if they all function (since surprise Important Update Needed to use Online Bills (documented in another thread) and now change of how Transactions and Quotes function in the updated 27.24 version( well documented and root cause uncovered in another thread as well as what I hope to be a temporary workaround). So I have not had one day that functioned without issue since April 27th when I updated from 2017 to 2020 Subscription.

With luck that day is coming :) Paypal, Investments and a clean month of scraping bills and I might just be posting a Eureka about end of July or so.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Paypal appears to be fixed. Took quite some time, but I appreciated it has been solved. Now waiting on Fidelity (fingers crossed) and to make it through July and verify all Bills and Reminders are working. Then perhaps just use the program :)
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Odd today. VERY slow opening Quicken. Never like this before - even earlier this morning. The a OSU ran maybe 15 minutes before I had to kill Quicken in task manager. Reopened, a little slow. Validated with no errors, then ran OSU and ran as expected. This was a first. Hopefully not to be repeated. Very odd.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    OK, since the change to 2020 I do not believe I have had one day where everything works as expected. As of today, One Step Update is still not updating all Online Bills and three so far have required doing a Refresh Biller on each to get the latest bill due. This defeats the entire purpose. You never know when you have to refresh the bill And some, of course, work as expected and show what is due after a OSU if indeed there is a new bill available. The way it is now there is high risk of missing a payment. You can;t even do a Refresh Biller when you credit company tells you a new statement is available because it could be several days or more until it is available in Quicken even with a refresh.

As others have said, 2017 did not have this particular issue.

Paypal-fixed. Updating Brokerage Quotes - fixed. So not like there is no (greatly appreciated) progress. But something like having to manually refresh a biller is pretty major in my opinion.

There is a thread on this that's open and several that are closed, though not sure why if the issue still exists at least for some of us. Got the same? Please post in one of the open threads. Perhaps the issue needs to gain momentum to attract more attention.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well, Chase having update issues for the last 2 days and cannot get Mutual funds at all from Fidelity for well over a week. Seems to always be something. And still waiting to close a full cycle of getting my bills through One Step Update. Frustrating.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chase and Fidelity mutual quotes both seem to be resolved.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    One bill still did not update from OSU and required a Refresh Biller again. This means no notification of a bill due for that biller without knowing to check. Bummer.
This discussion has been closed.