I am entering rent manually and it won’t save. I going to add transactions, enter rent, entering all info and clicking “add”. All fields are filled out, including the only account I have tied to quicken as the “account to use”
Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.
First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you are running?
- Help > About Quicken
To start with though-- If you haven't done so already, the first thing that I suggest you try is to create a copy of your data file and try to enter rent in the copied file (see steps below)--
- Go to File
- Save a copy as...
- Name the copied file
- Click Yes to open the copied file
- Click Yes to close the current file
- Once the copied file opens it should look exactly like your original data file. From there, go ahead and try to enter rent again and see if that works.
You can also try Super Validate, which are the same steps as above except that you will hold Ctrl and Shift on your keyboard when clicking on Validate and Repair in order to get the option for Super Validate.Let us know how it goes!-Quicken Anja-Quicken Anja0
- First Save a backup of your data file (just in case)
- Then go to File
- File Operations
- Validate and Repair
- Validate File
- Close the data log that will pop-up after the validation has completed
- Close Quicken
- Wait at least 5 seconds
- Reopen Quicken and try again to see if the issue reoccurs/remains the same or gets corrected
Hello @Quicken_Anja, I'm experiencing the same problem. My Quicken version is 2020 Home, Business & Rental Property (Year: 2020, Version: R26.21, Build: 220.127.116.11), membership valid through March 27, 2022. I accomplished the 3 potential solutions outlined by Quicken Anja, but no resolution to the problem. A few other things to note for me:
1) When I select "Enter Rent", select a "Property", and select a "Tenant name", none of the info I entered when I set up the tenant (i.e. rent amount, account to use) shows up in the "Enter Rent" dialog and the "Memo" message is empty. When I enter that info and click "Add", nothing shows up in the account.
2) When I try to edit the Tenant info on the "Edit Rental Property Tenant" dialog, the "Rent amount" is correctly listed. Also, this dialog has changed from when I used it previously. Previously, there was only one section in "Rent Details" labeled "Basic Information" where I could specify the account to use for rent transactions. Now there is a second section labeled "Rent collection reminder" and the only way to select a "Rent account name" is if I opt for a "New rent reminder". If I select "I do not want to create the rent reminder", I can't specify the account for rent transactions. Other renters only have the "Basic information" section, and I can enter rent transactions for them.
3) If I view the transactions in an account window, all of the buttons ("Add Transactions", "Properties & Tenants", "Reports") on the "Rental" tab screen, disappear. I have to switch to a different tab (for example, "Business"), then back to "Rental" for the buttons to re-appear.0
Thank you for the detailed information you provided and I apologize for the delayed response.
First, I just have a couple of questions if you don't mind.
Do you happen to know about when this issue started? Did you notice anything significant happen between before and after this started happening (i.e.: new update release, conversion, etc)?
-Quicken Anja-Quicken Anja0
@Quicken_Anja, I believe it started a day or so before I sent my message. I believe an update was installed around that time, but I had not used this feature of Quicken prior to that update. I believe I've installed another update to Quicken since my message, but that update didn't fix the problem I've noted. After my message below, I've noticed that I can get the "Enter Rent" function (mostly) working if I edit the tenant and enable reminders. Although I don't want reminders, that appears to be the only way for me to get the "Enter Rent" functionality. I say "mostly" because this only works for active tenants (i.e. today must fall within their lease start-end date period). I can't get the "Enter Rent" function to work for older rent payments made by prior tenants (i.e. I'm trying to enter rent payments from a year ago for a tenant who had a lease that expired 9 months ago).0
Thank you for the update and I apologize for my delayed response.
I tried to test things around to see if I could mimic your issue but unfortunately was not able to. R26.23 was released recently after R26.21. You can see if installing the new update release will resolve the issue if you haven't already. Otherwise, you can also try reverting back to the prior update release from before the issue started which you can download and install from this link.
If that still fails, then at that point, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support via chat or phone instead, as this issue may require some more extensive troubleshooting.-Quicken Anja0
This discussion has been closed.