Georgia Path2College no longer working with Quicken - known issue with Path2College

BryanGarmon
BryanGarmon Member ✭✭
As of May 13 2020, the Georgia Path2College plan was moved to a new online service provider breaking the current Quicken Direct Connect connection. I called the Path2College this morning to talk to their support who told me that Path2College is aware of the issue and have no timeframe for when connectivity will be re-established. It was recommended by the Path2College that a workaround would be to use (Removed) which does currently function with their new online service provider.

Comments

• echastain140
    echastain140 Member ✭✭
    Path to College recently updated their security for Aggregator access which is a good thing. However, after calling the support desk found that Quicken wasn't one of the providers that has accepted this new process - she listed 10 others that had... Please let me know when Quicken will make these changes - I have a feeling this will be the first of many institutions to follow this practice.

https://www.gapath2college.com/aggregator
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't going to happen.

First off Quicken only uses an aggregator for non investment accounts.  For investment accounts the only system it uses is Direct Connect.

And for non investment account Quicken gets all their "aggregator" service from Intuit, and that isn't going to change, at least not in the foreseeable future.  If your financial institution doesn't pick/accept Intuit as an aggregator then you are going to be out of luck for this to happen.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • echastain140
    echastain140 Member ✭✭
    Intuit will have to change or lose customers. The only reason that I use Quicken is for account aggregation.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Intuit will have to change or lose customers. The only reason that I use Quicken is for account aggregation.

First off let me make sure that you know that Quicken Inc owns Quicken, not Intuit.
    Quicken Inc pays Intuit for the Quicken Connect/Express Web Connect service (aggregation).

And they aren't even being used, as I said, for investment accounts Quicken uses Direct Connect which is Quicken talking directly to the financial institution using the QFX/OFX protocol.

Second you are talking about a major rewrite of Quicken for what at moment is one financial institution.  Will they do it?  Maybe, but I doubt it.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BTW not only would Quicken Inc have to do the major rewrite of the software for this, Quicken Inc would have to start paying another aggregator to provide the service.
    Signature:
  • Tushar Talele
    Tushar Talele Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Ugh - disappointing. I just tried to manually import a csv file exported from gapath2college, and of course, quicken will not accept it. It's apparently not a "Mint" csv file. Why is importing such a challenge with Quicken (or is it a Quicken Mac thing only)?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Tushar Talele No Quicken version has a "generic" CSV transaction import function.  In fact Quicken Windows has no CSV import of transactions at all.  Clearly in the case of Quicken Mac the adding of the Mint CSV and QIF import functions were clearly put in just for allowing for people to change from other personal fiance software.

The one "out" that Quicken Windows has (most due to it history) is that Quicken Windows can import a QIF file for transactions without the restriction that Quicken Inc has put on the Mac version to only do it to create accounts.

There is one possibility left to Quicken Mac users that Quicken Inc doesn't talk about.  There are third party tools that can convert from various formats, like CSV, to a QFX file that Quicken Mac (or Quicken Windows) will import.  Search for CSV to QFX.  Note I have never used such a tool on Mac so I can't tell you how good they work or recommend one (and on here I couldn't do it anyways since that is against the forum rules).
    Signature:
  • soju
    soju Member ✭✭
    I am having same issue also.

I was able to use web connect via Quicken before conversion. It was working before it is not now. So I feel like Quicken and TIAA need to come together to resolve customers issue. I do not know how many customer were impacted.

If TIAA is going to aggregate method, then at least 10 other providers are using, then Quicken should start accepting aggregate method.
  • macobb
    macobb Member
    This really sucks. Each year that goes by i pay for quicken and have been for probably 25 years....i pains me more as the product continues to disappoint - add this to the list..probably will be my last year using Quicken...quality is just not what it used to be..as technology improves and everything gets easier - Quicken gets harder
  • soju
    soju Member ✭✭
    No kidding.. One of the products that supports aggregate method is Quickbooks ! If Quickbooks supports this method, why can't Quicken..
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @soju Quickenbooks doesn't support investment accounts.  I was under the impression that this download was for an investment account.  If this isn't for an investment account then it is possible that Quicken might support this download using Quicken Connect.  That isn't to say if and when they would do it, just that it as least makes it "possible".

BTW folks note I'm just another Quicken user telling you the facts, I have no control over the "bad news".
    Signature:
  • soju
    soju Member ✭✭
    understood. Not sure if 529 is considered an investment accounts. I only use it to view and manage information but i use quicken to access 401K fidelity accounts, and credit card information and etc.

I didn't mean to dislike you, just your message that's all.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    A 529 is an investment account (an account that holds securities).  Note I don't use Quickbooks, but all the information people have posted on here says that Quickbooks because it is meant for business doesn't download investment accounts.  So if Quickbooks is listed as one of the aggregators then that would be for some non investment account like a checking, savings, or credit card account.  Quicken Inc pays Intuit for the Quicken Connect (which is called Express Web Connect on the Windows side) for connecting to non investment account for financial institutions that don't support Direct Connect.  The list that the two support should be basically the same provided that the financial institution agrees, because in fact they are both using the same system.
    Signature:
  • Doug Mundrick
    Doug Mundrick Member ✭✭
    I have a 529 plan with Georgia (https://www.path2college529.com/) whose download was working fine. When I updated to my new subscription Quicken changed my download to TN 529 where I don't even have an account. Whys did Quicken do this and how do I get GA back?
  • de63a30c89
    de63a30c89 Member
    Add me as a me too for this one. I hate losing this feature, especially after I had to upgrade to the new Quicken subscription now that my Quicken 2017 has expired.
  • William Fisher
    William Fisher Member ✭✭
    I was told on Friday, May 15, after spending 3 hrs with Quicken Support (Chris) and Path2College (Ms Haskell) that Quicken was going to work on changing link for Path2College to https://www.gapath2college.com/aggregator
  • Doug Mundrick
    Doug Mundrick Member ✭✭
    Did that work? I saw in the GA Transition Guide they sent out....

Thursday, May 7, 2020
    TRANSITION TIMELINE
    Please note: You must register for online account access at path2college529.com after the transition
    and select a username and password to continue accessing and managing your account online.
    You will need your old account number or your new 11-digit account number
    (9-digit master + 2-digit extension) to complete this step.
    No transactions will be processed if submitted after 4:00 p.m. ET until after the transition.
    To make it easier for online account access post-transition, make note of your current account
    number and download your most recent account statement. For those who currently utilize
    Quicken download, this service will no longer be supported. There are several options on the
    market that might be a suitable alternative if desired.
  • echastain140
    echastain140 Member ✭✭
    Yes, I was able to log into the new portal. Sadly the Quicken download is no longer supported. I am looking for alternatives to manage my accounts.
  • soju
    soju Member ✭✭
    @William fisher Thanks for sticking with supports from both companies in getting them to update. I think once quicken moves to aggregate method it may work. I guess we will see what happens. I spent about 45 minutes last week with Quicken Chat support regarding this issue. The Quicken support basically told me we are going around in circle and abruptly ended the chat without resolution. I explained Quicken should communicate with Path2College to resolve but Quicken keep insisting that it's not their issue.
  • Katie Poteat
    Katie Poteat Member ✭✭
    Quicken has Path 2 College pointing to the wrong URL. If you try to add it as a new account, the URL is for Tennessee. I reported it to Quicken support but it's still wrong.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here: 

Quicken Uses Incorrect URL for Online Banking.

This article covers steps for verifying that the URL used is incorrect. If the URL is incorrect, the financial institution will need to report this URL change to the Quicken financial services provider through their account manager.

This is the only method, as the financial institution can confirm that the URL in Quicken is truly incorrect and not just experiencing temporary difficulties. 

I hope this clarifies.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • drumsdb
    drumsdb Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I find this response from Quicken super unhelpful. The only thing I can add to the conversation, is that if Quicken is still using Intuit's Quicken Connect services, then it should work with Quicken. How do I know this...

(Removed-No Soliciting) 
This discussion has been closed.