Scheduled update displays the yellow flag but there are no new transactions downloaded

Options
2»

Answers

• Wayne Cole
    Wayne Cole Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Charlie@ said:
    > Wayne I think we already established that your symptoms are different than mine.

Charlie,
    Not to be difficult, but rather to be precise on my data regarding flag issues,
    1. have you checked your tray immediately after your computer boots, but before a scheduled update runs?
    2. Is your "Preferences->Startup->Startup actions->Download transactions when Quicken starts" checked or unchecked?
    3. Is your "Preferences->Mobile & Web->Sync: On or Off?
    4. What is your "Tools->Schedule Updates" schedule set to?
    5. Is your "Tools->Schedule Updates->Sync Quicken Cloud" checked or unchecked?
    6. Is your "Tools->Schedule Updates->Update my portfolio on Quicken.com" checked or unchecked?

For me, #2 unchecked, #3 Off. #4 one day per week, #5 unchecked, #6 unchecked.

I'd be interested to know if you duplicate or simulate my settings if you do not experience the same flag behavior I am seeing.

NOTE: Even if I "disappear" the flag by running Quicken from it, manually running "One Step Update", then immediately reboot the flag reappears.
    Also, if I have the flag "disappeared" and the update attempts to run, fails or runs and succeeds but there are no updates flagged for any of the accounts within Quicken (red flags by account names), the flag and "new transactions" bubble appears in the tray which is your symptom.

I think both symptoms arise from the same coding error, and I'm not buying the "server change" explanation.
  • Wayne Cole
    Wayne Cole Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I checked and just heard back on this and it seems that what's causing this to happen is the server changes being made as our development team has been moving Windows' server to use the same server that is being used on Mac as it seems to be a more stable connection. The flag will appear incorrectly when that server change has failed.
    >
    > As advised by our development team-- The only way to resolve this would be to deactivate the accounts and then reactivate and relink them through the Add Account process (not through Setup Now... as it will be guaranteed to not resolve the issue).
    >
    > Thanks again for all your patience.
    I assume by "deactivate the accounts" you mean <rt-clk>Edit/Delete Account->Onlline Services tab->Online Setup "Deactivate" button.

I'm trying to figure out how I would do the "reactivate and relink ... through the Add Account process" without first removing the accounts so they can be added?!?! Won't I lose the years of transactions I have stored in those accounts during this process?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Wayne Cole

Thank you for the response and additional information.

The accounts only need to be deactivated and not completely removed.

Deactivating an account does not remove the history, however, deleting the account from the file will remove the history.

After the accounts have been deactivated, you will want to go about reactivating as if you were to add a new account.

You will select the (+) as if you were to add a new account, once you have found the bank in the list and signed in, this will give the option to link to the existing accounts in quicken to reactivate them.

Please be sure to LINK and not ADD to avoid duplicate accounts.

I hope this helps to clarify!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Wayne Cole
    Wayne Cole Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @Wayne Cole
    >
    >...
    > After the accounts have been deactivated, you will want to go about reactivating as if you were to add a new account.
    >
    > You will select the (+) as if you were to add a new account, once you have found the bank in the list and signed in, this will give the option to link to the existing accounts in quicken to reactivate them.
    >
    > Please be sure to LINK and not ADD to avoid duplicate accounts.
    >
    > I hope this helps to clarify!
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

Perfect. That is the detail I needed.
    Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.