Can I download transactions without using the Cloud

This discussion was created from comments split from: Deleting a cloud account.

Comments

• resed
    resed Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Diana said:
    > @dnelson 
    >
    > Hello, thank
    > you for bringing this up. I can see the concern and am sure that you are not
    > the only to have come across this and wondered the same thing! This statement is
    > exclusive to using the mobile app. Deleting a data file from the cloud does not
    > alter or change anything on the data file itself. The statement “if you attempt
    > to use a file associated with this account” refers to using the mobile app. As
    > the mobile app pulls the data file from the cloud, but that data file has been
    > deleted from the cloud, there will not be any information available and the
    > services would need to be reconnected.
    >
    > Please let us know
    > if there are any other concerns!
    >

> But, if you do delete a Quicken Cloud account, at least on a Mac, you no longer are able to update transactions with your financial institution. I do not use Mobile or Desktop Quicken. Can I get that service back without creating another Cloud account?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > -           Quicken Diana
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @resed

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

If the accounts are using Quicken Connect, these accounts rely on the cloud to be able to update and function.

To provide a visual example of this connection, you may navigate to Quicken > Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts. When selecting accounts to sync, you'll see that accounts using Quicken Connect cannot be removed from the cloud.

You may consider changing the accounts to Direct Connect however the ability to do say will depend on the financial institution and may require contacting the institution to enable this connection.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.