USAA Transactions Stopped Downloading

2»

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Seeing some issues surfacing with USAA. Varying from customer to customer. 

@toms123 In your case, I suggest trying the steps in this support article even if you are not receiving the error codes this article is meant for and/or if you're not receiving any error codes at all. The reason why is because the steps involve cleaning up passwords saved in your mac keychains. They tend to hang when switching connection types which could be causing your accounts to switch back to Quicken Connect.

Start there, and if that doesn't work, we can go more in depth.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• LDoza
    LDoza Member ✭✭✭
    Trying to change to Direct Connect from Quicken Connect ..
    USAA said to deactivate and reactivate my connections. but they don't after deactivation .. I FOUND this on the USAA site ..
    HOW TO GET ACCESS to Your USAA Accounts (via Direct Connect, I presume) as you can see they say we have to:
    START an Entirely NEW Quicken File ... WHY? to erase the fact that it once was connected by QuickenConnect?
    and ADD All the accounts back in??? Is this reasonable?
    When I tried following Quicken Instructions for Trouble shooting and deactivating ... I got RED Error Message cannot connect to bank YOUR ERROR Messages said USAA suspended us for trying too much?
    When I called them (4 times) they said I had proper sign ins..
    and it was a Quicken problem? IS IT ?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @LDoza,

To switch to Direct Connect, you don't need to create a new data file. Please follow the steps below to switch an existing account from Quicken Connect to Direct Connect.
    1. Select the account and click Settings on the bottom-right
    2. Click Troubleshooting
    3. Deactivate Downloads
    4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 for each USAA account
    5. Go to the Accounts tab at the top of your Mac screen
    6. New...
    7. Select Checking (even if there are different account types)
    8. Find and select USAA Federal Savings Bank
    9. Click Options
    10. Select Direct Connect
    11. Continue
    12. Enter your USAA number and PIN and follow the prompts until a list of all your USAA accounts have populated
    13. You will find a column that will have dropdowns saying either Add or Link. If they say Add you will want to change it to Link and select the account you have in Quicken that it needs to be linked with. If there are any that you would like to leave out of Quicken, then you can change them to Ignore. If they already say Link, then simply doublecheck and make sure they are linking with the correct accounts.
    14. Continue
    15. Done
    The instructions USAA's website provided are steps for setting up the accounts as though you are adding them for the first time and are also instructions for the Quicken Windows program (unfortunately, they didn't specify that). 

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Paul15
    Paul15 Member ✭✭
    This worked on 6/13/2020, but now I am getting the OL-220A error AGAIN. I deactivated online update, and went through the process above, and STILL get OL-220A error when I try to set up the "new account."
  • LDoza
    LDoza Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Anja ... just found this. Reading another thread I saw that I had not unchecked a few of the Hidden accounts that were linked (for some reason there are two of everything).. I know they all have to be deactivated. I think I have done that now. and will try your steps above now.
  • LDoza
    LDoza Member ✭✭✭
    Did that, but since I have tried it when all accounts weren't deactivated
    USAA just returns the OOPS We're have a problem error message
    and Quicken cannot communicate with USAA. ... Try Again does not work and last time I called they said they could not get me connected themselves.
  • LDoza
    LDoza Member ✭✭✭
    This is error Message. Try again does not work. and .. So will I have to set up Manual Accounts?
  • LDoza
    LDoza Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    WHOOT... One of the accounts was a ? hacked? fake? account eg it was called B of A checking ..had transactions from USAA for april and may... but I never set it up. Just deleted it and now I have the accurate list from USAA.
    So warn people.. (removed-Inaccurate) 
    Now I will try to Direct Connect from your above instructions.
  • LDoza
    LDoza Member ✭✭✭
    And thank you for noting how to get the updates to Ignore some accounts. We have access to our daughters checking and savings just because she is single. But we don't look at them or want then on our books.
This discussion has been closed.