Why does the save button NOT appear when I edit a transaction (Q Mobile)

Options
MG2020
MG2020 Member
Using Q subscription for mac and mobile app on iPhone. Normally I can edit transactions on mobile whether I entered them originally on the mac or phone. In the past few weeks, regardless of entry device or if the transaction shows as black or grey on the mobile app, some transactions don't show a save button after I make an edit. I've tried multiple test transactions, resetting phone, all updates.
Anyone else seeing this or have ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @MG2020

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have been unable to recreate a missing save button thus far. To confirm are you missing the save in the top right-hand corner?

The only time I was able to see something similar is when I edited a payee and then changed the payee back to the original payee, is it possible that something similar is happening? 

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • MG2020
    MG2020 Member
    Options
    Exactly, no button at the top right... and the weird thing is that it is there on some transaction fields and some not.

I'm trying to update the memo field, for instance, after I actually make an ATM withdrawal. I have standard, recurring entries that I change from "not done" to "done" in the memo field after I do them. It worked until the update before last to Q Mac Subscription.

And it isn't just recurring transactions. It seems to affect all of them.

Note that if I change the date or dollar amount, it works OK. It's just the memo field. And it did work before, at least I think. :-) Seems like I was doing the "done" thing when I first started using mobile.

BTW: If I make the change in the memo field at home, it works and then it syncs correctly. I still can't edit it in mobile though, right when I make the transaction, even if I've edited it on the Mac.
This discussion has been closed.