Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Manage Accounts and Transactions (Mac)

Show Deposit before Payment in register (Q Mac)

I would like the register to show the deposits before the payments, as this is how my bank does online. The daily balance does not line up the way it is now, with the deposits listed after the payments.

Am I just missing something as simple as a check box somewhere?

Appreciate the help.
Tagged:
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Best Answer

• John_in_NCJohn_in_NC ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    You aren't missing a checkbox or preference as one doesn't exist.

Do note that you can drag the transactions to rearrange the order if you so desire. 

Comments

• John_in_NCJohn_in_NC SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    You aren't missing a checkbox or preference as one doesn't exist.

Do note that you can drag the transactions to rearrange the order if you so desire. 
  • jeffeadamsjeffeadams Member
    The drag suggestions helps a lot. Thank you.

Seems like a minor thing, but I would really like the ability to choose how it sorts. Can't be that hard to program in, as it already know how to sort the other way. Future Version?
  • Matthew MoranMatthew Moran Member ✭✭
    edited June 30
    Ditto and any idea if this has been submitted for a feature albeit kinda obvious?
  • Dennis@1[email protected] Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Windows does it that way. Mac should too. Add my vote.
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the Community, although I apologize that this ability is currently unavailable in the Quicken for Mac product.

I have gone ahead and turned this Discussion into an Idea post so that other users are able to vote on it.

Please be sure to add your vote by clicking on the gray triangle right above the current vote count, located in the blue box at the beginning of this thread:

Our developer's review these posts to get an idea of what people would like Quicken to offer.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think, the easiest solution would be to talk the programmers into making the default sort order by ascending Date (newest transactions at the bottom of the register) to also sort by descending Amount (from +99,999,999.99 to 0 to -99,999,999.99). That would show transactions within the same date, deposits first, then withdrawals.