All of my files are on my 2006 mac quicken laptop, I have only an android tablet what can I do.?

Options
Is there any way to save the old files everything from the earlier years is there and recovery would be best. I remember transferring from my iMac I used a flash drive, the laptop is on it's last legs so I need to do something soon

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    QMac and QWin data files aren't compatible.  They use entirely different file formats.
    AND, the QMac to QWin conversion has serious problems ... it doesn't work at all for some accounts.
    Lastly, QWin won't run at all on an Android tablet.  Qwin/QDesktop, require a Windows operating system and QMac requires a Mac OS.  Android is neither.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• tmfrbrd
    tmfrbrd Member
    Options
    Yes that is the problem
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SO, use QMac to take a backup to that USB drive, and find yourself a new Mac.
    The QMac program can be re-downloaded (if recent) or re-purchased ... it's your DATA that's valuable and can't be replaced.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @tmfrbrd If you are indicating that you have given up a desktop computer (Windows or Mac) in favor of an Android tablet for your computing needs, then you will need to find a new platform for the management of your finances; Quicken for Mac or Windows requires one of those computers as your base, although they allow you to do some things with a mobile app or web browser.  Quicken has come out with a cloud-based service called Simplifi which is accessed by any web browser -- but it isn't possible to import your old Quicken data.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.