Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

My save button suddenly disappeared.

My save button suddenly disappeared. In my register It seems to have changed into an Icon. I'd like to change it back to a displayed button. I've tried many of the suggestions but it hasn't helped.

Best Answer

Answers

• RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of Quicken are you using on what platform? Please post a screenshot of what you're seeing if possible.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • tmarra01tmarra01 Member
    Thanks, I figured it was recently changed and just noticed it changed after an update today.
  • Ted01Ted01 Member ✭✭
    Same here. Why break something that already works. I do not like the fact that I must double click the save icon. How can I change it to a single click?
  • Gerry429Gerry429 Member
    Yes. Please either restore the save button, or make the green "save" icon larger. It's too small, and slows up my daily work in Quicken.
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @Gerry429 - You can suggest this change at Product Enhancements (Windows).  Click on New Idea to get started.  Once you've entered your idea be sure to click on the Vote button. 
    Quicken does monitor this page and the more people who vote for an idea the more likely that they will put it into their development plan for a future update.  There's no guarantees that they will put it into the development plan but we probably won't get something we don't ask for.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R27.28 on Windows 10)
    If my reply has helpful to you, please "Like" it so others may know it might help them, too.
  • GLE81342GLE81342 Member ✭✭
    Well, after the update R27.24 there is a change in the checking register. There was a save button in the lower right corner to use after making each new transaction. Now it appears it has been changed to a little green box that looks like a floppy disc. If I am correct that it is a floppy disc icon, floppy discs haven't been used in years why has the more simple save button been changed????
    I have been the treasurer of my church for 15 years and in the event that I am no longer able to do this, I have been writing a manual of all the steps that I do to keep records and pay bills that are necessary for my position. I feel like if it isn't broke why change things in Quicken to make it more complicated to view. The save button spoke for itself. After the update I looked and looked for it, seeing the little green box that was new to me I clicked on it and found it had replaced the save button.
    What in the world is the purpose for this change???? I feel it is very unnecessary!!!!! It is of no benefit at all !!!!!
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @GLE81342 - Your post was merged into another recent thread on this subject.  Please review the above.  In my last post in this thread I'd suggested that a New Idea post be made if this is a desired change so that users can vote for it and it then has an opportunity to get perhaps get placed into Quicken's development plans.  I did not see that this has been done so feel free to post it yourself.  If you do this, please reply to this post thread so the others can go there and vote for it if they wish to. 
    (QW Premier Subscription: R27.28 on Windows 10)
    If my reply has helpful to you, please "Like" it so others may know it might help them, too.