Memorized Payee List Data is Incorrect

Options

Answers

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GeorgeB43 said:
    I just updated to R28.18 and the problem persists. I recreate the Memorized Payee by using the Memorize Payee option on a previous transaction and then clean up the Memorized Payee List. The Memorized Payee is a Split transaction with anywhere from 3 to 45 lines of data; only the first line is retained after a cloud sync.
    You need to turn off Quicken Cloud sync and then fix all your memorized payees. Once you do that, everything will work until they fix this issue.
  • reo1954
    reo1954 Member ✭✭
    Options
    My version is R28.18 Build 27.1.28.18. I have Quicken loaded on my Windows desktop PC. Happens when I perform a "Mobile & Web" then "Cloud Sync" to update my iPhone Quicken.
  • tgrue2
    tgrue2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the very quick response. I was referring to Memorized Payees. I have about six of these set up. The memorized payees would be Payment to Citibank credit card or any specific credit card. I would categorize these payments as a credit to these credit card accounts from the bank I pull the funds from. After doing this I would memorize these transactions and lock them. Once this was done any time in the future I just put in Payment to the individual credit card and it would autofill the appropriate credit card for credit. What is really strange now is that when I fill in the payee as a payment to the category it shows that it connects to the appropriate card but it show up blank as a category. I looked at all my memorized transactions and they are locked and amounts are zero so I can just fill this part in when paying. Of course I can still fill in the credit categories manually and it works but it seems this got lost somewhere in the past few weeks. I can go to memorized transactions and left click a specific payment payee and it does show a pull down menu with an option that says use which does still work but direct entering no longer does. Hope you can make sense to what I am trying to state.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hello @tgrue2

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble.

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend taking a look at the ongoing discussions here and here.

Are either of these issues what you are experiencing or does your issue differ?

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • tgrue2
    tgrue2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes same issue as Steve Krupa. I have gone ahead and validated, super validated, taken myself off the cloud and syncing with no changes. If I go to the complete list of my memorized payees and left click the one I need a pull down menu appears and the option "use" will complete the register entry. This does work but honestly if you are going to take the extra steps then you might just as well manually enter the category. Like I mentioned in a prior request this has just happened in the past month. I don't know what revision this was but I do update with all new revisions on their arrival. I will end my query at this point and will just hope this will be resolved in the future at some point. This is not a fix or I will leave scenario and I have spent enough time on this topic. Thanks for all who have sent this issue in and have responded to this.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and share your experiences regarding this issue, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience incurred.

If you have not already done so, it would be great if everyone could report the problem via the Help>Report a problem menu. This will provide our Teams with the necessary data to investigate.

Please be sure to leave all boxes checked, as well as include a description of the issue that's occurring and a reference to this thread.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• ifarlow
    ifarlow Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    There have been multiple updates and the problem still exists. Hopefully this will get sorted out soon.
  • ksm
    ksm Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem. All of my Memorized Payees show a last used date of 8/17/2020. I assure you, I have NOT used all of them on that date. Hope for a correction soon.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting and sharing the details of this issue with the community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue, including the already received "Report a Problem" reports, have been reported to our Development teams for further investigation and resolution.

If you haven't already and would like to add your information to the open ticket, please open Quicken and go to the Help menu > Report a Problem.

In the window that opens, enter Incorrect Memorized Payee List - CTP-998 in the subject line, mark the box for each file listed and click Send to Quicken to when ready.

At this time we do not have an ETA on when a solution will be available, however once one is, it will be included as part of a future release.

Thank you,

Sarah

(
    CTP-998)
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hello @Steve Krupa

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I see that you tried to validate and super validate and was unable to resolve the issue.

Were you able to try rebuilding the memorized Payee list?  To do so, suggest you hold Shift and select Tools > Memorized Payee List.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    Yes, I have done this but once you turn on Quicken Cloud and it updates, it undoes all the corrections. I am on R28.18 (it started to releases ago).
  • Karen Vierra
    Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Sarah Thank you for yesterday's message.  Your team may have already figured this out, but I think the common issue here has to do with Cloud Sync.  I tried (1) turning the feature off, (2) fixing my Memorized Payee List, (3) shutting Quicken down, (4) re-opening Quicken, and finally, (5) turning Cloud Sync back on.  Once I re-synced my file, all the corrections I did were totally wiped away.
  • Karen Vierra
    Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ksm Thanks for the information...GOOD TO KNOW!
  • BAZ
    BAZ Member ✭✭
    Options
    I run Quicken Premier on Windows 7 Pro and since early / mid-June 2020, my Memorized Payee List has been getting hosed up by Quicken. I have had Cloud Sync turned on, but I only sync one account -- Cash(Wallet). I have tried turning off Cloud Sync, I have tried File Validations, "Rebuilding" the Memorized Payee list etc. I've been using Quicken since 1992, so I'm no stranger to it, but I fully agree with Steve Krupa and others here who have observed that since being forced off of Quicken 2017 into this "subscription / Membership" model, there has been a noticeable increase in problems with core functionality.

There are now dozens of users on this thread and more on other threads, that are experiencing trashed Memorized Payee lists for the past three months or so.

I have about 18 Memorized payees (transactions) linked to Transaction Groups that group my bills into one of two bill-paying days (1st of Month and 17th of month.) The trashed Memorized Transactions change the online payments to "Print Check", they lose the categories and splits, and they remove the transactions from my Transaction groups, so I now have to either spend an hour re-creating all this (so it can use it one time before it gets trashed again), or enter transactions for bill payments one-by-one. I too have reported it through the Quicken program error report link. This has a very significant impact on the usefulness of Quicken and should be prioritized for a fix before adding any new features.
  • tabasco
    tabasco Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have similar issues: Memorized Payee Income list has disappeared, and my attempt to manually enter a couple new ones resulted in " Damaged Data" from the Validate/Repair test. I've sent the recommended Report a Problem as suggested. Won't manually enter anything. Hope for a fix.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Version R28.28 is out today and still no fix for this issue.
  • spratleywa
    spratleywa Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    R29.9 installed yesterday, still no fix for this issue. Why was a working feature unfixed?!?
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Version R29.9 is out today and still no fix for this issue!! Am I ever going to be able to Quicken Cloud back on??
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @jfclague

This issue is still being researched and is ongoing. I do not have an ETA to provide at this time I apologize.

This thread will be updated when more information becomes available. 

Thank you for your patience throughout this issue.
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Mark A - Iowa
    Options
    My Quicken just updated to R29.12. After fixing my Memorized payee list and then running a One-Step update, when I look at the Memorized payee list, I observe that the issue still exists.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My Quicken just updated to R29.12. After fixing my Memorized payee list and then running a One-Step update, when I look at the Memorized payee list, I observe that the issue still exists.
    I think we are just going to have to stop using Quicken cloud since it hasn't been resolved after multiple Quicken updates.
  • azgambit
    Options
    Hi all!
    I have two split transactions that I use for my paychecks, I've had these split transactions memorized and have used them for years and years. However, recently, Quicken has been (apparently) arbitrarily changing the memorized split transactions for splits to payments and erasing all of my splits.

This started within the last year. I have tried re-memorizing the split transactions but it seems that the transactions are changed to payments (instead of remaining splits) every time I log out and log back in.

Any thought, I am at a loss.

Thanks!
  • azgambit
    Options
    Further information - this is occurring every time I shut down QFW and restart the program. I also attempted to lock the split transaction within the Memorized Payee List, but that lock is being removed when the split transaction get converted.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @azgambit

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Do you sync to the mobile or web companion app at all? If so, can you please try to disable the sync temporarily to see if this behavior improves?

To turn off Cloud Sync:  Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Off.

Please let me know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Mark A - Iowa
    Mark A - Iowa Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is interesting... my Quicken just updated to R29.16 today. I see that the One-Step Update settings screen no longer includes a check box (under the heading Online Services) to sync the with Quicken Cloud. I ran a One-Step Update and lo-and-behold, my Memorized Payee List was unaffected afterwards. I will go about my usual routine and watch to see if it stays OK.
  • bprocknow
    bprocknow Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am also updated to R29.16 and I still have the Sync with Quicken Cloud checkbox. One-Step Update still messed up my Memorized Payee List.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello all,

This issue is still being researched and is ongoing. I do not have an ETA to provide at this time I apologize.

This thread will be updated when more information becomes available. 

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Doubleplays
    Doubleplays Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken_Tyka
    Thank you for the update. Can you tell us if your developers have been able to reproduce the issues?

Do memorized payee lists get unlocked and changed?
    Do split transactions with multiple entries only show the first category when they are quick filled into the registry?
  • JimEG1
    JimEG1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tyka,

It certainly appears that this is an issue that needs a resolution. I hoped that with each one of the numerous recent updates, this issue would get resolved, but no luck yet. It would seem to me that this is an issue which affects many more users than the issues that are getting resolutions in these updates.

In my case, Quicken has now gotten even less usable as it not only doesn't fill in the splits for memorized transactions, it now doesn't remember even a single account/category in a memorized transaction.

As a long-time user and a CPA, I know that I have changed nothing in my procedures. The only thing I have done is accept Quicken updates and data downloads from my financial institutions.

Perhaps the developers could place a higher priority on this issue. I am paying an annual fee to support maintenance of this software, and I certainly don't feel like I'm getting any support.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @JimEG1

Thank you for the response and the feedback although I apologize for any frustration that this has caused.

This issue is still ongoing and being investigated, I have not ETA that I am able to provide.

When an update is available, it will be added to this post. As you have left a comment on this thread, you will be notified by email of any updates as soon as they are posted.

Thank you for your patience throughout this issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.