• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:

And if confirmed I would suggest reporting it as a problem here:
    Help -> Report a problem 

And either case contacting Quicken support here:
    Contact Quicken Support
    I have submitted it already thru Report a Problem.
  • Karen Vierra
    Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    July 21, 2020
    Quicken Deluxe 2020 R27.28 / Windows 10

The problem continues to exist.  I have AGAIN submitted this issue through Report a Problem.

I wrote the following:  "My Memorized Payee List keeps changing every time I work with my file.  This problem has been going on since the version before this one was updated.  I manually loaded and fixed my file yesterday.  Today it has totally changed which makes it irrelevant and useless.  This is totally unacceptable."

I also included the report files package, including a sanitized data file.
  • donnien320
    donnien320 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    (Removed-Off-Topic)
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still not fixed with the latest update. UGGHHH
  • Mark A - Iowa
    Mark A - Iowa Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Just an update. My Quicken has now updated to R27.42 and the issue still exists. I manually fix my MPL, run One-Step Update, and the MPL is once again corrupted.

[removed - off-topic/disruptive]

I've gotten to the point where just I double check every Memorized Payee transaction and then correct the category (or split categories) if needed before I save it.
  • tkevin
    tkevin Member ✭✭
    Options
    Every month I have about ten memorized bills and paychecks with splits. When I go through memorized list I see them with splits but when it loads ... all blank with no categories loaded. Very frustrating since I have to find the previous transaction and copy it then paste it into the current month.

Any ideas? Running R28.10, Build 27.1.28.10
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you rebuild the Memorized Payee List: press Shift and select Tools > Memorized Payee List

Before you make any significant change to your data file, always save a backup (Ctrl + B).
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hello @tkevin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

To start with, the first thing that I suggest you try is to validate your data file by following the steps below--
    1. First Save a backup of your data file (just in case) 
    2. Go to File
    3. File Operations
    4. Validate and Repair
    5. Validate File
    6. Ok
    7. Close the data log that will pop-up after the validation has completed
    8. Close Quicken
    9. Wait at least 5 seconds
    10. Reopen Quicken
    11. Try again to see if the issue reoccurs/remains the same or gets corrected
    You can also try super validating which are the same steps as above except that you will hold Ctrl and Shift on your keyboard when clicking on Validate and Repair in order to get the option for Super Validate.
    Let us know if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bprocknow
    bprocknow Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue here. I just submitted a report. I have all my Memorized Payees locked. When I run One Step Update they all become unlocked and any Category that includes a Transfer is deleted.

Quicken Premier Release R27.42
  • emhamiltn
    emhamiltn Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Premier Ver: 27.1.27.42 for Windows
    Quicken Premier Ver: 27.1.28.10 for Windows
    Windows 10 Pro w/all current updates

The setting in the attached image keeps getting unchecked whenever OSU is run.

Believe me, I’ve done extensive testing/troubleshooting

This problem was occurring on Ver 27.1.27.42 and after thoroughly troubleshooting the issue on that version I ran the Mondo update to Ver 27.1.28.10, Supervalidated the file, rebooted computer and restarted Quicken, but the issue persists in the current version.

Based on having reported other issues and having read many posts on various recent problems, it seems One Step Update likes to randomly select, unselect various preference settings.

PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Does anyone know if this was fixed in R28.10?

I have turned off Quicken Cloud and everything is fine. I don't want to update to R28.10 and turn Quicken Cloud back on and have to fix everything again.

Thanks,
    Jim
  • Mark A - Iowa
    Mark A - Iowa Member ✭✭
    Options
    jfclague, my Quicken Deluxe has updated to R28.10 and the issue still exists.
  • Steve Krupa
    Options
    Hello, I Have the same problems as above. This just started.I go to the memorized list, select a memorized item in the list hit enter and only the name shows up. No memo, no splits and no amount. I validated and then super-validated. Nothing has changed after the validation efforts.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Steve Krupa

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I see that you tried to validate and super validate and was unable to resolve the issue.

Were you able to try rebuilding the memorized Payee list?  To do so, suggest you hold Shift and select Tools > Memorized Payee List.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • JimEG1
    JimEG1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same problem as tkevin and Steve Krupa above. When I attempt to use a memorized transaction either by selecting it from the memorized transaction list or from the drop down list within the register, it does not remember the category/account names from the memorized transactions. The memorized transaction list does show the categories/accounts, but the transaction created in the register shows only the first line of the split transaction, and only sometimes. I did notice that one of my memorized split transactions had the transaction type changed from Deposit to SPL (in red) but another did not. I have done the rebuild of the memorized payee list as well as both validation and super validation described in the earlier answers. None of those worked.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    JimEG1 said:
    I am having the same problem as tkevin and Steve Krupa above. When I attempt to use a memorized transaction either by selecting it from the memorized transaction list or from the drop down list within the register, it does not remember the category/account names from the memorized transactions. The memorized transaction list does show the categories/accounts, but the transaction created in the register shows only the first line of the split transaction, and only sometimes. I did notice that one of my memorized split transactions had the transaction type changed from Deposit to SPL (in red) but another did not. I have done the rebuild of the memorized payee list as well as both validation and super validation described in the earlier answers. None of those worked.

There have been a lot of problems reported with the staged R28.10.  I suggest you consider reverting back to R27.42.

To revert to an earlier release, I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install while disconnected from the internet, update by applying the appropriate Mondo Patch, and restoring a data file saved prior to updating from the earlier patch release.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken. To update Quicken, I recommend you download and apply the appropriate Mondo Patch: https://www.quicken.com/support/patching-updates-windows or http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

To prevent Quicken from applying an update without your approval, I suggest you set Windows UAC settings appropriately (choose default or always notify).

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I am on the previous version (R27.42) and have the same issue. I have submitted multiple tickets to Quicken.

I have rebuilt my memorized list multiple times. I have turned off syncing to the cloud after rebuilding the memorized list and it doesn't have the issue anymore.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

First please ensure that all optional settings in Quicken pertaining to recall, memorization, automatic categorization and renaming of payee names are enabled. You find those settings in Edit / Preferences / Data Entry & Quickfill and Downloaded Transactions. Additional settings can be found for the detection and processing of transfer transactions in Edit / Preferences / Transfer detection.

Are you automatically accepting downloaded transactions into your registers?

If you are relying on Quicken to "automagically" fill your account registers from downloaded transactions, you may run into problems. Despite all efforts by the Quicken programmers, the "Autopilot" (that's my name for the part of the Quicken program which processes downloaded transactions and converts them into new register transactions) is not infallible. For that process to work 100% of the time one would need a crystal ball because the information downloaded from the banks often is just too terse and cryptic.

You should, at least for a while, turn off the "automatically accept downloaded transactions into registers" setting to gain better control over what is downloaded and what to do with it. Review each downloaded transaction, make changes if necessary (e.g., to get a payee name = "Starbucks" instead of "POS TRANS 070119 STARBU", "POS TRANS 070219 STARBU", "POS TRANS 070319 STARBU" or to assign a category) before you click to accept each transaction.

Any changes you make to downloaded Payee Names are remembered in Renaming Rules.

Any other changes you make (add/change Category or Memo text) are remembered in the Memorized Payee List.

Next time the same transaction for this Payee comes along, Quicken should remember and give you a better new register transaction.

In case you have issues with transfer transactions not being generated correctly:

For best results manually enter transfer transactions into your register BEFORE you download transactions from the bank which contain the transfer confirmations. For recurring transfers use scheduled reminders and enter them a day or two before the due date. Be sure to use distinct Payee Names for each transfer / credit card payment to avoid confusing Quicken - memorized payee entries.
    That takes the guesswork out of the Autopilot's process. Because a correctly entered transfer transaction already exists in your account registers, the Autopilot should just match the downloaded transfer transaction to the existing one in both accounts.

Where are the "Auto-accept downloaded transaction" settings?

There are two places where this is controlled in Quicken for Windows:
     - Globally, for all accounts, in Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions
     - For each account individually, the global setting can be overridden from the Edit Account Details screen, Online Services Tab. Look for blue text "Automatic Entry is: ON / OFF". Click the text to change the setting.

• ifarlow
    ifarlow Member ✭✭
    Options
    I too have run into this issue and have had to disable cloud sync just to keep my memorized payees list correct. Having my data only on one device severely limits the usefulness of the application, so hopefully this will get corrected sooner rather than later.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried again (before seeing the latest updates above from other people retrying) and still have the same issue with R28.10. Fixing memorized payees and turning off cloud sync again!!

I wish this would get resolved.
  • Steve Krupa
    Options
    Hello, I have been a user since the early 80's. I have progressed through all operating systems and all the upgrades since then. Since I switched (or should I say I was pushed over) to the paid subscription I have had more problems, login issues, lost links, rebuilds. activate, de-activates, missing components, validation issues etc.... that I have ever had. What is going on with the program people? An now the login issue nearly every morning. I don't think paid subscribers should be Beta testers. I am sorry but I have to vent to the forum but someone should step in and resolve these issues before they get pushed out the door to the end user. I am not happy. I will call the help desk this morning.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UKR said:

First please ensure that all optional settings in Quicken pertaining to recall, memorization, automatic categorization and renaming of payee names are enabled. You find those settings in Edit / Preferences / Data Entry & Quickfill and Downloaded Transactions. Additional settings can be found for the detection and processing of transfer transactions in Edit / Preferences / Transfer detection.

Are you automatically accepting downloaded transactions into your registers?

If you are relying on Quicken to "automagically" fill your account registers from downloaded transactions, you may run into problems. Despite all efforts by the Quicken programmers, the "Autopilot" (that's my name for the part of the Quicken program which processes downloaded transactions and converts them into new register transactions) is not infallible. For that process to work 100% of the time one would need a crystal ball because the information downloaded from the banks often is just too terse and cryptic.

You should, at least for a while, turn off the "automatically accept downloaded transactions into registers" setting to gain better control over what is downloaded and what to do with it. Review each downloaded transaction, make changes if necessary (e.g., to get a payee name = "Starbucks" instead of "POS TRANS 070119 STARBU", "POS TRANS 070219 STARBU", "POS TRANS 070319 STARBU" or to assign a category) before you click to accept each transaction.

Any changes you make to downloaded Payee Names are remembered in Renaming Rules.

Any other changes you make (add/change Category or Memo text) are remembered in the Memorized Payee List.

Next time the same transaction for this Payee comes along, Quicken should remember and give you a better new register transaction.

In case you have issues with transfer transactions not being generated correctly:

For best results manually enter transfer transactions into your register BEFORE you download transactions from the bank which contain the transfer confirmations. For recurring transfers use scheduled reminders and enter them a day or two before the due date. Be sure to use distinct Payee Names for each transfer / credit card payment to avoid confusing Quicken - memorized payee entries.
    That takes the guesswork out of the Autopilot's process. Because a correctly entered transfer transaction already exists in your account registers, the Autopilot should just match the downloaded transfer transaction to the existing one in both accounts.

Where are the "Auto-accept downloaded transaction" settings?

There are two places where this is controlled in Quicken for Windows:
     - Globally, for all accounts, in Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions
     - For each account individually, the global setting can be overridden from the Edit Account Details screen, Online Services Tab. Look for blue text "Automatic Entry is: ON / OFF". Click the text to change the setting.

I am sorry to disagree with you but the issue is with Quicken Cloud.

I have fixed/corrected (and turned off Quicken Cloud) all my memorized payees and has worked for a couple of weeks with no issues. I am on R28.10.

As soon as I turn Quicken Cloud back on, there goes my memorized payee list back to being corrupted. I have submitted multiple times to Quicken about reporting issues.
  • pete1118
    pete1118 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem as above on 2 different machines. Seems to be related to Cloud Sync in that after a cloud sync is done any memorized splits are deleted. Since this started happening even if I rebuild the split in memorized, when I try to use it in a register the split and amount does not enter the register.
  • reo1954
    reo1954 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I too am having the memorized payee split issue. It is definitely the CLoud SYnc causing this. I can replicate the issue and had a tech on line when it happened and he had me re-build my Cloud Data which took about an hour, and did not fix the issue. I do not know where to go from here, other than wait on a fix from Quicken.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @pete1118 and @reo1954

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report these issues although I apologize that you are currently experiencing this trouble.

@pete1118
    You mention that you see this issue on 2 different computers, how are you viewing the file? Is the file on a network or cloud drive?

Storing that active file on the cloud or network drive can cause similar issues as to what is being reported and I would like to rule that out as a cause.

Can you both verify what version you are currently running? This located under Help > About Quicken.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • GeorgeB43
    GeorgeB43 Member
    Options
    I just updated to R28.18 and the problem persists. I recreate the Memorized Payee by using the Memorize Payee option on a previous transaction and then clean up the Memorized Payee List. The Memorized Payee is a Split transaction with anywhere from 3 to 45 lines of data; only the first line is retained after a cloud sync.
  • tgrue2
    tgrue2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have various descriptions of payments such as Payment Chase Credit card or Payment Citi Credit card. On the memorized screen the category for the appropriate card is memorized with the transaction. These memorized categories no longer come across. This has worked for the past few years but starting August 12 it no longer does. Although I know it is not a big deal but I really do miss having this done as part of the memorized transaction. Any clues as to what might have happened?
  • pete1118
    pete1118 Member
    Options
    Tyka, In both cases the Quicken file is stored on the Windows 10 machine. Not a network or cloud drive. I also did a full resync to the Quicken Cloud Sync and this did not fix the issue.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @tgrue2,

If you provide some additional details of your problem, we will be better able to try to help you.

It appears that you are referring to either "memorized payees" or "memorized investment transactions" or perhaps both.  You also say "memorized categories no longer come across" - can you explain exactly what that means.  If you could give specific details of what used to happen with specific transactions (describing those transactions) and how that has recently changed, by describing what tasks you are trying to complete, that will be very helpful.

Thanks and looking forward to your reply.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.