Server Communication Error - Cannot process MFA answers

Options
I'm getting the following error after entering my multi-factor challenge response for my USAA account:

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Do you know if you are using Quicken Connect or Direct Connect (you can check in the account settings)?

If you are using Quicken Connect with USAA, I suggest switching your connection type to Direct Connect as it tends to have a more stable connection with USAA. 

If you are already using Direct Connect, you can still try the steps provided below as a deactivate/reactivate process in order to troubleshoot the server if this error is occurring while using Direct Connect.

To switch the connection type from Quicken Connect to Direct Connect (for multiple accounts with the same username at once), please follow the steps below.
    1. Select the account and click Settings on the bottom-right
    2. Click Troubleshooting
    3. Deactivate Downloads
    4. Repeat steps 1 through 4 for each USAA account
    5. Go to the Accounts tab at the top of your Mac screen
    6. New...
    7. Select Checking (even if there's different account types)
    8. Find and select USAA Federal Savings Bank
    9. Click Options
    10. Select Direct Connect
    11. Continue
    12. Enter your USAA number and PIN and follow the prompts until a list of all your USAA accounts have populated
    13. You will find a column that will have dropdowns saying either Add or Link. If they say Add you will want to change it to Link and select the account you have in Quicken that it needs to be linked with. If there are any that you would like to leave out of Quicken, then you can change them to Ignore. If they already say Link, then simply doublecheck and make sure they are linking with the correct accounts.
    14. Continue
    15. Done
    When choosing Direct Connect you will notice that it mentions that some financial institutions charge a fee to use the Direct Connect service. However, I did verify that USAA does not. If you would like to know more about this you can click on this link from USAA's website. I recommend reviewing the section titles shown below for specific information regarding Direct Connect.
    1. What connection method should I use in Quicken to access my USAA accounts?
    2. What credentials do I provide to access my USAA accounts in Quicken?
    3. How much does it cost to access my USAA accounts through Quicken?
    I hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Do you know if you are using Quicken Connect or Direct Connect (you can check in the account settings)?

If you are using Quicken Connect with USAA, I suggest switching your connection type to Direct Connect as it tends to have a more stable connection with USAA. 

If you are already using Direct Connect, you can still try the steps provided below as a deactivate/reactivate process in order to troubleshoot the server if this error is occurring while using Direct Connect.

To switch the connection type from Quicken Connect to Direct Connect (for multiple accounts with the same username at once), please follow the steps below.
    1. Select the account and click Settings on the bottom-right
    2. Click Troubleshooting
    3. Deactivate Downloads
    4. Repeat steps 1 through 4 for each USAA account
    5. Go to the Accounts tab at the top of your Mac screen
    6. New...
    7. Select Checking (even if there's different account types)
    8. Find and select USAA Federal Savings Bank
    9. Click Options
    10. Select Direct Connect
    11. Continue
    12. Enter your USAA number and PIN and follow the prompts until a list of all your USAA accounts have populated
    13. You will find a column that will have dropdowns saying either Add or Link. If they say Add you will want to change it to Link and select the account you have in Quicken that it needs to be linked with. If there are any that you would like to leave out of Quicken, then you can change them to Ignore. If they already say Link, then simply doublecheck and make sure they are linking with the correct accounts.
    14. Continue
    15. Done
    When choosing Direct Connect you will notice that it mentions that some financial institutions charge a fee to use the Direct Connect service. However, I did verify that USAA does not. If you would like to know more about this you can click on this link from USAA's website. I recommend reviewing the section titles shown below for specific information regarding Direct Connect.
    1. What connection method should I use in Quicken to access my USAA accounts?
    2. What credentials do I provide to access my USAA accounts in Quicken?
    3. How much does it cost to access my USAA accounts through Quicken?
    I hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.