How to use Check Pay to pay an unscheduled bill?

I have a bill reminder set up for payment on 10/1, to be payed every quarter. It is linked to the Check Pay payee, so the date 10/1 appears next to this payee on the Bills & Income tab.

However I have received an unscheduled bill from this payee that I need to pay now (8/20). How can this be done without upsetting my 10/1 payment?

With Bill Pay this could easily be done by opening the Online Payee List, selecting the payee, and clicking the "Use" button. There does not seem to be a corresponding method when using Check Pay.

I tried selecting the payee in the Bills and Income tab (filtered using "Biller Name and "Check Pay payees") and clicking the Check Pay button but this always causes the reminder date to advance to the next quarter. I don't want the reminder date to be affected at all.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• jbujold
    jbujold Member ✭✭
    Hi Julio,

That does work better than my method, and is more-intuitive than the former Bill Pay method!

One additional small gripe - when I choose "Pay" and the dialog pops up with my Check Pay payees, the dialog box is fairly narrow and cannot be resized. I am not able to tell some of my payees apart because the names are identical for the first 24-or-so characters. Can this be added as a future enhancement (allowing the dialog to be resized)?

I'll send you a screenshot via email.
  • jbujold
    jbujold Member ✭✭
    Just realized you don't accept email replies. Do you need to see my screenshot, and is there a way to send it to you?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jbujold

Thank you for the feedback although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

To suggest a feature request, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

To include a screenshot, you may drag the screenshot into the comment box to include it in the post.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jbujold
    jbujold Member ✭✭
    FYI - my followup "gripe" has been submitted as a new issue/enhancement here:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7880062/check-pay-payees-dialog-is-too-narrow-and-not-resizable
This discussion has been closed.