Tabs bar disappeared

DougB
DougB Member ✭✭
The TABS bar, which had appeared recently after not existing for many years, disappeared again. The View > Tabs to show has all of the correct tabs selected. The entire bar is just gone. I'm trying to determine how to pay a bill under the "new improved" system but all I seem to find is the old bill pay that won't allow me to write checks.
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• DougB
    DougB Member ✭✭
    The View > Tabs has several tab options selected. The bar simply disappeared today, without any action taken on my part. I tried rebooting the PC but the bar is still missing.
  • DougB
    DougB Member ✭✭
    Menu item "Shot Tabs" does not appear in my software, but I noticed your menu had "Classic Menus" selected but I had "Standard Menus" selected. I switched to Classic Menus and the tabs appeared. I switched back to Standard Menus and the tabs remained visible. There's a bug in there somewhere...Thanks for your help!
  • DougB
    DougB Member ✭✭
    @Boatnmaniac, this works too, and may have cleared the "bug" also if I had tried that. Thanks for helping!
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DougB - You are welcome.  Out of curiosity, did this happen after you had updated to R28.18?  When I updated to it I noticed that at least half a dozen of my preferences, report customizations and views in Quicken had changed (including the Tab Bar not being visible).  Others have posted similar experiences.  Not a big issue but it did cause me to scratch my head a bit for a while until I got the corrections made.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• DougB
    DougB Member ✭✭
    @Boatnmaniac - Offhand, I would say it did not happen after the upgrade but I am not sure. I upgraded a few days earlier than when I noticed it, but who knows. I might also have hit the arrow icon by mistake without realizing it. But again, thanks for pointing out the arrow feature that I can now take advantage of! I'm trying to determine how to pay my bills using the new payment system.
  • WFP
    WFP Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > @DougB - At the top right corner of the Quicken screen, does it show a "V"?   If so, click on it to turn it upside down.(Image)

THANK YOU!!!

This "Bug" has Haunted me forever!

I never could figure out why the (in my case) BLUE Bar disappears...and more importantly, how to get it back!

This is sooooooo stoooopid!

Bill
  • Boatnmaniac
    WFP said:
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > @DougB - At the top right corner of the Quicken screen, does it show a "V"?   If so, click on it to turn it upside down.(Image)

THANK YOU!!!

This "Bug" has Haunted me forever!

I never could figure out why the (in my case) BLUE Bar disappears...and more importantly, how to get it back!

This is sooooooo stoooopid!

Bill
    Don't feel too badly about that.  I'm pretty sure that we've all experienced the same type of thing at one time or another...and with me it's been more than once!  :D

• I found my answer in @Sherlock's post. With standard menus selected, the show tabs option was not available. It became available when I switched to classic menus.

One would think the "recommended" setting would have these tabs, but one would be wrong.
  • Boatnmaniac
    @JNRocksithard - In both Classic View and Standard View menus the tabs we want to be shown must first be selected in "Tabs to Show" before they are viewable. 
    In Standard View, once a tab is selected it automatically pops up with no additional steps to take to view it. 
    However, in Classic View the selected tabs will not show up until "Show Tabs" is also selected so there is an additional step involved in getting to view the tabs.  In this respect, the Classic View menu with "Show Tabs" is less efficient than Standard View.

• brucewol
    brucewol Member ✭✭
    same thing just happened to me. i've been a quicken user for 20+ years. the blue bar was always just there. i didn't know what it was called or even remember what color it was. it was just there. totally lost without it. so i went to view and toggled to classic view and then back to standard. and now it is just there as it always had been.
This discussion has been closed.