I was notified that I needed to upgrade when I requested a download from Barclays

Then when I tried to upgrade, I got a notice that my account is good until I think it said April 2021, Is there something wrong with AA advantage/ Barclays or Quicken?

Best Answer

• gail
    gail Member
    Answer ✓
    thanks for the answer. I can live with what it does.
    I was in Safari with quicken as I had to go there to get the current Quicken. I also had a 2nd Safari tab open with my Quicken Account when it froze. Thanks for ALL your help

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @gail

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering what exactly it could be between quicken and the FI but we can attempt something here to figure out which exactly it is might be first. Let's try to sign out of quicken and sign back in. I'll list the steps down below.

1. In the top left click quicken. 
    2. Select Sign out 
    3. Sign back in when prompted.

Try to update the accounts  again and see if you're still receiving a message about upgrading. If you are could you please upload a screenshot so that we're able to see exactly what the message says.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• gail
    gail Member
    This is what I got when I tried again

It was an icon that said "Oh No, Your connected services have expired"

cid:256DE39C-D8EC-433E-9D44-6C1C7E25C2AE@Home
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do Quicken, About Quicken and tell us what your "Valid Thru" date is ... and what your BUILD of QMac is.
    Because the graphic that you provided and your statement that your product is good until April 2021 are in conflict ... and we need more info about this situation.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Francisco
    @gail

I did take a look at your account and saw that your subscription is til April 2021 in our system as well. In this case then something is likely blocking us from connecting to quicken servers. Do you have any anti virus software on your mac? Antivirus software on mac tends to block connection with quicken so I would take a look at any settings or even uninstall it to double check if you're able to connect to quicken after doing so.

Last thing going along with what NotACPA said if you'll go to the about quicken section you marked you'll want to double check your email and what your current build is. This will help us narrow down exactly what's causing this.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • gail
    gail Member
    edited September 2020
    [Removed-Rant/Off Topic]
    Here’s my Version 4.8.6 (Build 48.20336.100)
    Not sure what you wanted. Here’s the graphic I get when I choose Update all online accounts. I do NOT have the choice of updating a selected account

I can't copy the "OH NO Your connected services expired ...

Now I get this message for ALL my accounts… SUCH A MESS. [Removed-Rant/Off Topic]
    Gail lawley
  • Quicken Francisco
    edited September 2020
    @gail

Thanks for the update. It looks like the reason you're getting this message is because you're currently trying to open and update your copy of quicken 2017. In your dock you'll see that your quicken icon has a small 17 in the bottom right corner of the red Q Icon.

If you go to your launchpad down in your doc bar and find quicken you'll notice you have two. You're going to want to open the one just labeled quicken not quicken 2017. Once you do this you should be able to easily update your accounts. 

Once you get a chance try this out and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • gail
    gail Member
    edited September 2020
    I do not use LaunchPad. My Quicken App in the applications folder has a small 17 beside it. That is the ONLY Quicken I've been able to find, However, the app I ran was Clean My Mac X and I cannot find it to delete it. [Removed-Rant]
  • gail
    gail Member
    It says CleanMYMac X is in my home,Library (DOESN"T SHOW IN THE LIST) Application Support, CleanMyMac X Updater.

I do NOT show a Library folder in my home folder so I can't get rid of this application. Sigh. I did have other things to do today.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I don't know what CleanMyMac did to your Mac. Open your Application folder. Do you have Quicken 2017 and Quicken? You need to be using Quicken. If that applicaiton is not in your Dock, put it in your Dock, and remove Quicken 2017 from your Dock. 

Apple hides the Library folder in your User folder. the way to get there is to be in the Finder, hold down the Option key, and pull down the Go menu; you'll see Library there as long as Option is held down. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • gail
    gail Member
    no, I just have Quicken 2017. and even when I click on my home while holding down the option key, I do NOT see a library folder. I'm sending you a screen shot of what I got when I held the option key? It Opened ALL my folders, but never a library one.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't Library the 3rd line in your screen shot?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, what's the 3 items in your Downloads folder?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• gail
    gail Member
    Yes, I was looking for a library in my home folder as I didn't find CleanMY.. in the regular folder.
    I finally found CleanMyMAc, deleted it and emptied the trash. Restarted my computer, tried Quicken and STILL get the "OH No! message with an account I use all the time.
    I have to stop this for a while but please let me know what I need to do next. Thanks in advance.
  • jacobs
    edited September 2020
    Okay, let's take a step back for a second…

You have a Quicken subscription, but you're saying you have deleted the current Quicken subscription application. The Quicken 2017 application is from before subscriptions existed, and it won't be able to open your current Quicken data file.

So there should be a simple resolution. Go to Quicken.com and log in using your Quicken ID. Near the bottom of the page showing your subscription information, click Download for Mac. This will download the Quicken installer. Run it to install the current Quicken Mac in your Application folder -- you should see the red Q icon (the current Quicken) in addition to the red Q17 icon (the old application).

Now, do you know where your most recent Quicken data file is? (The default location is in your User's Library > Application Support > Quicken > Data folder.) The safest way to get started here is to drag this data file onto the Quicken application in your Applications folder, to insure you're opening the correct file. Alternatively, you can just double-click on the Quicken application to launch it, and you'll have to make sure it opens the correct file (or if it doesn't, then go to File > Open and open the correct one).
  • Quicken Francisco
    @gail

If you're still having trouble with Quicken after following Jacobs adivce I would re recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so. This will help us with tracking down the file you were previously using with quicken and also making sure we can get everything back up and running smoothly. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• gail
    gail Member
    well I never found a Quicken data file, but I did find a backup file and it opened, but I still don't have it totally solved.... I don't get an update for a selected item on several of my credit cards, just a update ALL and it appears nothing happens. I do not have time right now to do the chat. It also FROZE my Safari and I had to shut down Safari and reopen it.
  • jacobs
    @gail  I know you are frustrated with this situation, but I suggest waiting until you have time to calmly try to address things, because frustration and limited time tend to feed on each other and make both situations worse. ;)

In your note above, I don't know what Quicken has to do with Safari; Quicken works independently of Safari.

You haven't addressed many of the questions your earlier posts opened up. Does this backup file have relatively current data (e.g. not a year or more out of date)? What version of Quicken was running when you opened this backup file?  Is it Quicken 2017? Quicken 2017 can't download transactions because it is a discontinued program. But you said you have a valid subscription, so if you have the current Quicken Mac program -- or obtain it as explained above -- it will be able to download transactions.

Once you have the current program running, explain what you are doing and what is happening (and if possible, post screen shots as long as they don't show personal information). It's just not clear what you mean when you say "I don't get an update for a selected item on several of my credit cards."

• gail
    gail Member
    When I click on a credit card account, I do not get the option of updating just that account. Another credit card has that option available. I'm enclosing 2 screen shots. I
    had ONLY Quicken open in Safari when it froze. It works OK after I reopened it.
  • jacobs
    @gail  Safari is your web browser. Your screen shots show that you were running the Quicken application. (There is a way to log into Quicken online via Safari, if you've set your account up for mobile syncing, so I wasn't sure if that's what you were talking about. But the images show the active application is Quicken, not Safari.)

If the account you tried to update uses a connection type of Quicken Connect, it triggers a download of all Quicken Connect accounts. By contrast, if your account was Quicken Direct, it would only download from that financial institution -- although it would download all accounts from that one financial institution. I don't know the technical reasons why the code works this way, but that's the way it works.
  • gail
    gail Member
    Answer ✓
    thanks for the answer. I can live with what it does.
    I was in Safari with quicken as I had to go there to get the current Quicken. I also had a 2nd Safari tab open with my Quicken Account when it froze. Thanks for ALL your help
This discussion has been closed.