State Employees Credit Union NC - OL-220-A Errors

Answers

• UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    Still dead in the water. Haven't had a successful connection since Tuesday. Didn't work a single time for me yesterday. 

I contacted SECU, got the canned response. And I uploaded log files to Quicken. Would be nice if one or both parties took accountability for this problem but history suggests that's not likely to happen. 
  • UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, what version are people on?

Home, Business & Rental Property
    Version: R32.12
    Build: 27.1.32.12
  • dhharris
    dhharris Member ✭✭
    Continue to message the SECU everyday that I am not able to connect. This is their latest response:

Dear Member,

Thank you for the message. There is still no update on this issue as our network team is still attempting to find a reasonable solution. In the meantime, you could possibly try switching connection methods to Express Web Connect if you need to download transactions soon, as it appears we have made improvements to that conenction pathway. We understand switching back and forth is not a viable solution and we hope to have the Direct Connect method up and running again soon, but in the meantime, switching to Express Web Connect could offer you a viable solution. Please let us know if you have any further questions or issues. Thank you.
  • dhharris
    dhharris Member ✭✭
    > @UNCLogans said:
    > Out of curiosity, what version are people on?
    >
    > Home, Business & Rental Property
    > Version: R32.12
    > Build: 27.1.32.12

Quicken Deluxe
    Version: R32.12
    Build: 27.1.32.12
    Windows 10 Home Edition
  • PuppyKat
    PuppyKat Member ✭✭
    I'm using Quicken Starter, since I only download from the bank and don't really use the other Quicken features. I've only been using Starter since June of 2020, so if not for this forum, I was beginning to think it's because I had the cheapest version of Quicken. In the past, I always had Quicken Deluxe, usually purchased at Costco.
  • jjmdj
    jjmdj Member ✭✭
    I continue to have the same OL-220-A issue as everyone else with the SECU. I've been with Quicken forever - since early 90's; but, as with many others, I'd switch to some other package if there were one with all Quicken feature (most of which work).
    Currently, I'm on the Windows version, R33.12, Build 27.1.32.12
  • dhharris
    dhharris Member ✭✭
    Everyone needs to message SECU so they will know how wide spread the issue is. I was recently told that my file may be corrupt and I needed to start a new file.

"Thank you for your message. Quicken is experiencing intermittent issues connecting with us.

Alternately, the connection issue may be related to corrupt connection data within your saved file. You may need to create a new file to reset that data. Please note that all of the previous data will still be available by opening the previous file.
  • waltersalinger\
    waltersalinger\ Member ✭✭
    Today, when my 10am automatic download ran, I saw no 0L-220-A error and the SECU accounts said that they'd been updated today. But NO transactions were actually downloaded. So there were a few days worth of transactions on posted on the SECU website over the last several days that did not download even though Quicken claimed to have succeeded downloading this morning. So, I attempted a new download, but, of course, I got the 0L-220-A error. I have never seen Quicken report a successful download without actually having downloaded new data. SCARY!
  • waltersalinger\
    I called Quicken Support about Quicken claiming to have downloaded account data when it actually had not. I was assured that they knew about this sort of problem and that it was part of the same OL-220-A problem they've been having with SECU NC.
  • UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    I have now gotten Direct Connect to successfully run for 6 SECU accounts (using two logins). In both instances - once for each username/password - these are the steps I took. 

1. Go to an impacted account in Quicken and manually enter a transaction. It doesn't have to be an actual transaction, just some new data. 
    2. Hit Ctrl+R to Reconcile that account.
    3. Quicken will prompt you, asking if you want to download transactions before reconciling.
    4. Select Yes. 

When I did this, this it connected successfully, though it did not download transactions. However, upon running it again, it did both connect and download data.

I'm not calling it a fix, but it worked for me. 

Good luck
  • Ken McAdams
    Ken McAdams Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am hopeful that it has been fixed. I had a successful transaction download yesterday afternoon, and another one this morning.
  • waltersalinger\
    No fix yet-Quicken still is not able to download data from my SECU accounts.
  • PuppyKat
    PuppyKat Member ✭✭
    April 16, 7:30 a.m. - successful download of 7 new transaction (all from this week). April 17, 7:30 a.m. OL-220-A has returned. New message from SECU says they are "working on this error" and are "sorry for the inconvenience". :s
  • JDAman
    JDAman Member ✭✭
    I tried switching to Express Web Connect, but it downloaded a multitude of previously reconciled transactions, throwing my balance way off. I had to restore from previous day to straighten out.
  • dhharris
    dhharris Member ✭✭
    > @JDAman said:
    > I tried switching to Express Web Connect, but it downloaded a multitude of previously reconciled transactions, throwing my balance way off. I had to restore from previous day to straighten out.

JD, I did the same thing 3 days ago. Totally screwed up my file and had to do a restore from last save. I have tried about 20 times this am and have not been able to connect.
  • WendyO
    WendyO Member ✭✭
    You guys are describing same issues I'm having. Received OL-220-A errors for last few weeks. Had to deactivate & reactive with Quicken Support by phone probably 4 times. Finally had it fixed 4/15/2021, everything reconciled to the penny.

Updated Friday morning & all heck broke loose. Duplicate transactions, & even missing some transactions. Thursday the 15th - I had a great tech support from Quicken - but Friday the rep was a nightmare. I still don't know what this guy did to my accounts, but now part of my SECU accounts won't load at all. I My mortgage loan shows paid in full and I know that is not the case. My primary checking account is a total train wreck. He finally told me I'd have to call my bank even after I explained that I had already talked to SECU. I asked him to help me get back to at least my 4/15 backup to work from be I know those were all reconciled. He said it was fixed that I was using that, but I wasn't. It was honestly like it was time for him to punch out & he was just done helping me.

I am beyond frustrated & at a loss. I also didn't realize they do not have live reps available by phone over the weekend to resolve technical issues. What do folks do that work during the day & unable to call during business hours? I'm gratelful I've had nothing but positive experiences with Quicken up until this point because otherwise I would be DONE.

I've attached the response from SECU yesterday. It's left me a bit baffled & questioning if we can pull in the last backup & then updated info. SECU says due to markers Quicken uses for unique transactions, I may not be able to pull in from a backup? That doesn't make sense to me because if that is the case - what is the purpose of the backup? Unlike some of you, the response I received from SECU - though somewhat scripted, it provided more information.

This was the response I got from SECU Friday evening:

"Dear Member,
    Thank you for the message. We're sorry to hear of your experience with Quicken and your accounts not connecting correctly and displaying incorrect information. For the last several weeks, we've been having intermittent connectivity issues based on periods of high volumes of traffic that usually display in the form of the OL-220-A error code, which we see you messaged about earlier this month. This connectivity issue has displayed in a few different ways, so this new error code you're receiving could also be related to the issues experienced. Quicken support says this error can happen if you have deactivated or deleted an account and then restored a Quicken backup file.

As for the duplicate transactions, Quicken utilizes markers to identify unique transactions so that it does not duplicate them every time a download is performed. If your connection type is changing or you have deactivated accounts and restored from a previous backup, it is digesting the information in a different way that requires different markers. That means that duplication can happen when it is first switched over but then should not duplicate after that point. Unfortunately, the only way to clear duplicate messages is to manually delete each trasnaction.

Although Direct Connect is typically the most stable of the connection methods, with the connectivity issues we've been seeing, it may benefit you to try and switch to express web connect as a stop-gap so you can download all your transactions in a timely manner. We are working hard and have all available resources to try and fix the connectivity issue we're experiencing with Quicken and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you."

Do any of you know if there is any weekend Quicken Support that can help? This is stressing me out.
  • WendyO
    WendyO Member ✭✭
    For reference, this was my original message to SECU trying to explain the issue:

"I've been on & off the phone with Quicken all day trying to get my 12 SECU accounts to upload properly. Quicken says there are no errors on their side & it must be a bank issue. This is what I know:
    For @ 2 weeks, I get random error of OL-220-A which would not allow my SECU accounts update. I call Quicken, we deactivate & reactivate the accounts. The issue is resolved. We've done this at least once a week for the last couple weeks. Yesterday was the last time. We corrected the issue & the information uploaded accurately.

This morning, I updated the accounts & everything went wrong. The information coming in from SECU is duplicating or missing information completely. My balances are a mess & I don't even know where to start to fix this. The last call I had with Quicken they said I had to call SECU for support. I called in, got ********** with Member Services. She was talking with tech support within the bank. Every suggestion made third person we have already done numerous times. Because I couldn't speak to someone directly in tech support, I am not confident my issues were being related properly to them for trouble shooting. After about 45 mins with her, the last thing I was instructed was to send a secure message about what is going on through the Message Center. I am now getting error message CC-800 on Quicken. My mortgage loan shows paid in full (which I assure you is not the case) and the personal loan can not even be located. I'm at a total loss as to what I should do now. Quicken says it's a bank issue. SECU says it is a Quicken issue. Meanwhile my entire budget & account information with balances & categorization is a mess. This is extremely concerning as I am a balance to the penny kind of member. I need someone to look into this further & help me. Please advise if there have been changes made to the connectivity of SECU that Quicken would access. I am desperate to get this resolved. Thank you."

This was my original message to SECU yesterday. I'm curious if any of you are having connectivity issues today (4/17/21) also. Right now even when I deactivate & try to reconnect - it's not capturing all of my accounts. I'm open to feedback & appreciate any community support.
  • WendyO
    WendyO Member ✭✭
    > @dhharris said:
    > > @JDAman said:
    > > I tried switching to Express Web Connect, but it downloaded a multitude of previously reconciled transactions, throwing my balance way off. I had to restore from previous day to straighten out.
    >
    > JD, I did the same thing 3 days ago. Totally screwed up my file and had to do a restore from last save. I have tried about 20 times this am and have not been able to connect.

THIS is EXACTLY what happened to me & I'm having a hard time pulling the backup in. I was told to choose to make a copy to work from which I'm not sure is correct. I've been using @ 18 months & never had to restore. Would you mind walking me through that process?
  • WendyO
    WendyO Member ✭✭
    > @UNCLogans said:
    > I have now gotten Direct Connect to successfully run for 6 SECU accounts (using two logins). In both instances - once for each username/password - these are the steps I took. 
    >
    > 1. Go to an impacted account in Quicken and manually enter a transaction. It doesn't have to be an actual transaction, just some new data. 
    > 2. Hit Ctrl+R to Reconcile that account.
    > 3. Quicken will prompt you, asking if you want to download transactions before reconciling.
    > 4. Select Yes. 
    >
    > When I did this, this it connected successfully, though it did not download transactions. However, upon running it again, it did both connect and download data.
    >
    > I'm not calling it a fix, but it worked for me. 
    >
    > Good luck

@UNCLogans - were you connected at the time to Direct or Express? I've deactivated & reactivated 6-8 times & now I can't get them to connect all my accounts at all. Not sure if I just need to wait longer & try again or if I'm just screwed until they get this fixed. When I try to reconnect now, it doesn't pull all of my accounts. And it's never the same. Of 12 accounts - it might pullup 9 or 10. I'm game to try your suggestion, but not sure it will help if I'm not even connecting now.
  • WendyO
    WendyO Member ✭✭
    > @dhharris said:
    > Everyone needs to message SECU so they will know how wide spread the issue is. I was recently told that my file may be corrupt and I needed to start a new file.
    >
    > "Thank you for your message. Quicken is experiencing intermittent issues connecting with us.
    >
    > Alternately, the connection issue may be related to corrupt connection data within your saved file. You may need to create a new file to reset that data. Please note that all of the previous data will still be available by opening the previous file.
    >
    >

@dhharris - I'm REALLY worried this mess has corrupted my files. I don't know for sure bc I can't get them to connect at all right now to test them. Can you instruct how to create a new file to reset the data so I don't lose anything? So annoyed there is not phone support available on the weekend. What are folks that work during business hours & only have weekends to spend hours on the phone with support supposed to do? I've joined the many voices & expressed my frustration with both SECU & Quicken - not that it's making any difference.
  • WendyO
    WendyO Member ✭✭
    > @Don STEWART said:
    > Just called Quicken Support, no help whatsoever, their suggestion, call SECU NC.

Yep - and when you call SECU - they say, it's not us. Call Quicken. We can't service their system.
    Seriously? Blame game?
    Over it. I'm so frustrated & they don't have support on the weekends.
  • Harry Phillips
    Harry Phillips Member ✭✭
    Quicken is corrupting passwords when trying to update transactions

I have been trying to correct Quicken’s inability to download transactions from my North Carolina State Employees Credit Union (which it has not been able to do for more than a week). Imagine my surprise when I received notifications from BOTH my NCSECU AND my Fidelity Investment accounts that that my accounts were under security lockdown due to three consecutive login attempts with incorrect passwords. I checked the Password Vault in Quicken and found it contained the correct passwords (which had heretofore worked properly). I have already sent my logs to Quicken Support for their perusal but have not had any response to date. I am beginning to believe that the request for logs is Quicken Support’s stock answer to all problem issues and should be translated as, “We’ll maybe deal the problem eventually and maybe you will just go away in the meantime.”
  • Craig D.
    Craig D. Member
    I am getting error OL-220-A with the SECU NC. Does anyone know how to resolve the problem?
  • Ken McAdams
    Ken McAdams Member ✭✭✭✭
    My recommendation is to just wait it out. According to postings above, SECU and Quicken are finally trying to resolve it. There have been suggestions to switch to Web Express connect until it is resolved. I don't know if that has been a successful solution for those who tried it.
    I have chosen to stay with Direct Connect for now. If this is anything like the problems with Quicken/SECU last year, it will eventually get resolved, and we will get an apology from SECU. In the meantime, you can manually enter your transactions, and you will be ready to roll when it gets fixed. When the download works, Quicken will show a "Match" for your manually entered transactions.
  • dhharris
    dhharris Member ✭✭
    > @Ken McAdams said:
    > My recommendation is to just wait it out. According to postings above, SECU and Quicken are finally trying to resolve it. There have been suggestions to switch to Web Express connect until it is resolved. I don't know if that has been a successful solution for those who tried it.
    > I have chosen to stay with Direct Connect for now. If this is anything like the problems with Quicken/SECU last year, it will eventually get resolved, and we will get an apology from SECU. In the meantime, you can manually enter your transactions, and you will be ready to roll when it gets fixed. When the download works, Quicken will show a "Match" for your manually entered transactions.

Ken, I think you are right when you say just wait it out., I did the Web Express connect and it screwed up my Quicken File and had to restore the last backup to recover everything to normal. This is not he first time this issue has happened. And probably will not be the last. But it is FRUSTRATING for all users.
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    > @PuppyKat said:
    > dhharris: that is EXACTLY the email message I received from SECU regarding this problem. They are giving out excuses using a SCRIPTED response!!! SECU does not care about this, as I have suspected all along. I'm giving this until the end of the week and if I still can't download, I won't be using Quicken anymore. It's also frustrating that SECU won't assist us and that they probably just want their Quicken customers to dump Quicken so they are off the hook. :(

Their customers need to dump SECU, not vice versa. There is no replacement for quicken, but many replacements for SECU, bout to pull the plug myself.

Quicken Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 11 Pro - user since 1993

• motjebben
    motjebben Member ✭✭
    Because I have a few banks with Quicken capabilities, I just switch bill payments to one or more of the several that are working while I wait for a fix. That cuts down on the number of transactions that I have to now enter manually. If it gets bad like this for a long time like this, I often move money to other banks, too. This also makes it easier to drop a bank (or - in this case credit union) if one needs to. This NCSECU situation is the worst I've seen in decades of Quicken use. Fortunately, Quicken is working quite well for numerous others (Coastal24, PNC[which did have a problem earlier this year], USAA, Fidelity, Schwab, etc...). Best wishes to all of you equally frustrated NCSECU users!
  • motjebben - You know I might do that also if this keeps up. I might open up an account at another bank that plays nicely with Quicken. Then use that account to keep track of my monthly bills and payments. Tired of messing with SECU. I have contacted them again, waiting to hear back. Strange thing is they are blaming it heavy load. Makes no sense. I tried to download at 6:00 this morning and still got OL-220-A. Surely that time of day there would not be a heavy load.
  • UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    That "heavy load" nonsense is just that, nonsense. 
  • wagne020
    wagne020 Member ✭✭
    > @UNCLogans said:
    > That "heavy load" nonsense is just that, nonsense. 

I'm inclined to agree. I got the same response from them. I told the guy that answer just didn't get. It's time to fix this problem which has been going for way too long.
This discussion has been closed.