Inconsistent OSU, EWC does not show Complete status. Enhancement Request [3 Merged]

Options
2»

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For the record, just because I can see their point doesn't mean I agree with it.

What I'm doing is using FDS for now.  In the long run when they force the switch to QCS I will stop downloading my Express Web Connect accounts.  They are luckily low transaction accounts for me.

I personally wouldn't go back just for this minor status information, but it is far from that.  QCS is "cloud sync" with all the risks that implies.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7882641/qcs-express-web-connect-is-cloud-sync

I don't care if they fix all the current problems.  Years of seeing what kinds of problems come up when "cloud sync" is used means that I wouldn't trust my data file to it.  In a perfect world they wouldn't make mistakes and the syncs would always work properly, but the years have proven that they aren't capable of that.

I pity the people that have accounts that have lots of transactions in an Express Web Connect account, especially if you can't even get a QFX file or other format to download their transactions in.

But Quicken Inc will come down hard on anyone whether it be poster to this forum or moderator that tries to buck what they want, so you are going to be able to "get the message out on how to switch back".

At least not in the forum.  You might have better luck with Quicken support.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    Well... as long as the developers are happy, I guess that's what's important...🤔
    I can see there point (why they don't want people switching back), especially for the issue in this thread, which let's face it is very minor.  Not that I like from a customer standpoint.

There isn't any way they aren't going to go to QCS for everyone.  Quicken Mac has been using it for years.

Given that people going back to the old system simply hides the problems that are going to have to get fixed at some point.  So it is do you bite the bullet now, or do you just push the problem down the road for another time?
    Let's talk about what you see as "very minor" issues. The most disturbing issue to me is the erratic behavior from the OSU summary report. For example, after the first OSU let's say I see 7 accounts that had issues. I have approx. 35 accounts that I update. When I go to one of those accounts and do an update, the summary comes up and there may be 2 accounts with errors or they may be no accounts with errors. So I have to go to each individual account to check the "last download date" to find the rest of the accounts that are still in error. See the pic for the settings. Now this may seem "very minor" but it's a big inconvenience and now I can't trust the info that is on the summary report.

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's talk about what you see as "very minor" issues. 
    The minor issue I was talking about is that it doesn't post a "Complete" when it finishes, but instead just closes the One Step Update dialog.  Which is what the title of this thread is.

Everything else isn't "minor".  The problems range from minor (status for complete), moderate problems with the information on the One Step Update Summary, to totally disastrous like deleting accounts, transactions, and changing reconciled statuses of existing transactions. 

But going off of the title/subject of this thread, those other problems aren't what I was addressing.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    Let's talk about what you see as "very minor" issues. 
    The minor issue I was talking about is that it doesn't post a "Complete" when it finishes, but instead just closes the One Step Update dialog.  Which is what the title of this thread is.

Everything else isn't "minor".  The problems range from minor (status for complete), moderate problems with the information on the One Step Update Summary, to totally disastrous like deleting accounts, transactions, and changing reconciled statuses of existing transactions. 

But going off of the title/subject of this thread, those other problems aren't what I was addressing.
    OK, sorry, I agree with you...

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• gwasserm
    gwasserm Member ✭✭
    Options
    This thread is 3 years old and still no resolution. Can someone explain to me what is going on here? Should we give up on Quicken. My Quicken is to renew next month!