Category report doesn't add up

I created a YTD category report, and the amount next to the Expense line, which I interpret as the total expenses is not equal to the sum of the expenses in the individual categories. The total shows about 25% more spending than the sum of the categories.

I've tried this with the Category Summary Year to Date report, and I also tried creating my own report. The results were the same.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Stu Janis,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you currently have running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken
    Also, when did you first notice this issue started happening? Was it working as expected before?

Please, check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Stu Janis
    Stu Janis Member ✭✭
    I'm running 5.18.2, and I discovered the problem yesterday when I exported a report to Excel. I had selected all the cells with the individual category $ and saw that the number Excel listed in its bottom margin as the total was different than the number next to Expenses in the report itself. I double-checked that the category $ numbers were the same in the report as in the Excel spreadsheet.

While I've been generating similar reports for a long time, I hadn't done any validation of them, so I don't know if the discrepancy is a new development or has been there for a while.
This discussion has been closed.