Quicken Bill Manager - Still not working correctly.

I keep having multiple issues with the Bill Manger.

This issue is I have two Bills that was paid using Quick Pay and the Bills have been paid but they still show "processing" in Bill Manger. The Register show "Paid". They will not let me cancel or delete these payees.

I did send a different payment after the this issue started without difficulty.

I tried all the Typical Tech Support Solutions of Validating and Supper Validating file, which always give me the same correction made, and me having to things after.

Any solution let me know

Quicken - Setup and update your software to work correctly and I strongly suggest making a 64-Bit version, File issues could be coming from running 32 Bit software 64 Bit systems.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @TB Agent,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    If you haven't already, I recommend that you create a copy of your data file by following the instructions provided below in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables.
    1. Go to File
    2. File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Leave the presets as is and click OK
    5. Wait for the copy procedure to complete
    6. Select New copy and click OK  

Once the newly copied file opens, try refreshing/updating bills again as well as removing/re-adding the online bill to see if the issue persists or resolves. If it does persist, please, try validating and super validating again in the copied file.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TB Agent
    TB Agent Member ✭✭
    HI Anja,

First thanks for the quick response, I am giving your suggestion a shot.

Strike One,

R29.20

Quicken give a message "File NOT copied".

I do have another quicken question, how do I request a compensation for the long hours I have wasted fixing errors, that I had to correct without any help from Quicken and wasted with tech support.
  • TB Agent
    TB Agent Member ✭✭
    Hi,

I was able to finally get the file to copy, after multiple validations and super validation.

Unfortunately that has not corrected the errors of "processing" the problem in Bill Manager.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for the update, though I apologize for the delay in my response.

If you don't mind, could you please provide the name(s) of the biller(s) you are having this problem with? I'd like to take a look at them internally and see if we may be able to refresh or remove them internally so you can re-add them.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TB Agent
    TB Agent Member ✭✭
    Hi Anja,

I was finally able to get the on-line biller to be remove.

After finally getting the file to copy, I was able to go to "Manage Online Biller" and remove the two that was giving me the issue.

Here are the steps I used with the help of your suggestion:

1. Multiple Super Validated and fixed issues and corrected them manually and ran it until no issues showed.
    2. Copy the File as above
    3. Re-Copy the file manually and change the name to a simple format ie "name2020", simple file names seem to work better with32-Bit software.
    4. Open "name2020", Super Validated the file, which showed no errors.
    5. Went to the Bill & Income Tab.
    6. Settings "gear wheel" under date and time
    7. "Manage Online Biller" and remove the billers that were showing in process.

I have not added them back yet, but after I do if there is any issue I will let you know.

Thanks

I think we got a hit if not a home run on this issue.
This discussion has been closed.