Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Wells Fargo giving duplicate entries

I enter online payments in Quicken then update the Wells Fargo checking account to pass them on. When the update is complete the entries show in the Quicken account with newly assigned check numbers. However (apparently for those payments which will be physically mailed by Wells Fargo) as the due date approaches a new duplicate entry shows up in the Quicken account with a check number "Sent". I believe the idea is that Wells Fargo has mailed the check but it has not been deposited by the payee yet. However long after the due dates, the duplicates remain in my Quicken account and the "Sent" is not changed back to the issued check number. I have to remove the duplicates myself, including entering the check numbers. This gives me incorrect balances and is driving me crazy. A couple of sessions with Quicken phone support have had no effect on this problem.

Answers

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @richuser155

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

May I ask how you handle downloaded transactions? Do the transactions download right into the register?

If so, I would review the information available here, to review the transaction prior to being entered into the register so that you may match transactions to avoid duplicates.

Please let me know if this helps!
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka