Wells Fargo recent problem. Check issued for on line payment comes back missing payee info

The check coming back shows the correct check number, but instead of just showing cleared, erases the payee name, category, etc and just shows the word CHECK. Insanity. Wells Fargo says known problem ( recent). What is answer?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited November 2020
    Hello @Battery1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

First, I would just like to clarify a few things in order to better assist you further. 
    1. How long have you been experiencing this issue?
    2. Was the check initially sent through Quicken using a bill pay service? If so--
    •  Are you sending the check from Quicken via Direct Connect Bill Pay or are you using Quicken Bill Manager's Check Pay service to send the check?
    • Where are you initiating the check to be sent from (account register, Bills & Income tab, Online Center)?
    If the check was not sent through Quicken, please disregard the last 2 questions.

Please, check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Battery1
    Battery1 Member ✭✭
    Hi - and thanks for the reply. I am using Quicken Deluxe R29.22 27.1.29.22
    (windows). Have been using Quicken for years and years. This is a very recent problem ( within the last 2w weeks). I send payments via the OnLine Payments section of the program - and the payees are listed in the Wells Fargo computer. I looked at the recent transaction that came back marked CHECK - and the full details were on the image of the check. No reason the information that I had entered should not have been left alone, and just had Quicken clear the check (R) in the program. AS I said, have been doing this for years and years. Has their latest update ( of which there are WAY too many, fouled up the software? It is obvious from looking at the WF copy of the check that the information on the check was totally correct, even my memo. Thanks for any help you can give..... I've gotten the impression from one conversation last night that I am not the first person that has complained to WF about this. :) Battery1