Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How can I increase number of split lines?

There are only 30 lines in a split. How can I increase this number?

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello @xowig

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. When you're splitting your transactions in your Split box you should see in the bottom left a button that says add lines. This will add another 5 lines at a time so that you're able to continue splitting transactions. I'll leave a photo below.

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    AFAIK, there's a limit of about 250 Split lines per transaction.
    And there may still be a limit on how many of those Split lines can use the same Category. In the past there were a couple of reports of crashes in Quicken when customers tried to record a transaction with more than 38 lines using the same category. I'm not sure if that has ever been fixed or not ...
    May I ask what kind of a transaction you're creating that requires more than 30 Split lines? There may be an easier way ...
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Extending @UKR's remark,  if you're  inputting all of your credit card transactions,. as  split lines, into the payment transaction ... there's a MUCH better way.
    But first, we'd need a response as to why you need so many split lines.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • xowig
    xowig Member
    I'm using Quicken deluxe 2003 so there is no facility to add lines as shown in the photograph.
    I am splitting my credit card transactions and I would be very interested in your "MUCH better way".
    Thanks again