Display "current" balance for Brokerage Account

I use Quicken to track my future stock grants from my employer and have them listed as far out as they are granted. When I look at the sidebar, all my accounts show "current" and I have selected "Show Today's Balance". The exception is this one Brokerage account which shows the ending balance for 12/25/2023. The market value in the ledger also shows this value. I'd like it to show the value for CURRENT holdings only in the sidebar and in reports (such as net worth) rather than the ending balance. How can I change this?

Version 6.0.1 (Build 600.37045.100)
macOS 10.15.7

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @Seth Holmes,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I just tested this issue myself and got the same result. However, I don't believe that it is supposed to work this way as it does not do this in other account types (i.e.: Checking, Savings, Credit Cards, etc). Therefore, I believe that this may be a bug in the program. So, I went ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.

Unfortunately, we will not have an ETA on this. However, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for bringing awareness to this issue!
    (QMAC-18113)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Seth Holmes
    Seth Holmes Member ✭✭✭
    The obvious answer, btw, would be to do them as scheduled transactions but that isn't an option in a brokerage account.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @Seth Holmes,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I just tested this issue myself and got the same result. However, I don't believe that it is supposed to work this way as it does not do this in other account types (i.e.: Checking, Savings, Credit Cards, etc). Therefore, I believe that this may be a bug in the program. So, I went ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.

Unfortunately, we will not have an ETA on this. However, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for bringing awareness to this issue!
    (QMAC-18113)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Seth Holmes
    Seth Holmes Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.