Citi Checking Out of Balance After Deactivate/Reactivate

mrzookie
mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
QWIN Premier 30.10 
Ever since Q went to its new Express Web system, I've found that downloading to all my EW accounts has been unstable. I've been needing to reset and/or deactivate/reactivate one account or the other on an almost weekly basis. I've changed over what I can to Direct Connect, but I have no option with those remaining.
About 3 weeks ago, My Citi checking and savings would not update. Reset failed so I had to do a deactivate/reactivate. When I finished, there was a $.01 discrepancy between the online and Q balances in the checking register. I was pretty sure it had been balanced previously. I looked back about a month online, and saw no incorrect transactions, so I chalked it up to an anomaly at Citi, and just did an adjustment.  The same thing happened about a week later, this time for $.06. This time I looked back over 6 months, but again could not find any incorrect transactions either in Q or online. I ran validate and nothing came up, so I did another adjustment. It happened again today. Q would not update, I did a reset which worked, but did not update the last download date. Another reset failed, so I did deactivate/activate, which worked, but again came up with a $.01 discrepancy. This time I restored from yesterday's backup to confirm the account was balanced (although it had today's download date info), did deactivate/reactivate again, which worked, but again showed a $.01 discrepancy. Ran Validate again and Super Validate, nothing came up. It seems that the issue occurs with the deactivate/reactive process, but not with reset.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here and any thoughts on how to fix it? This datafile is 13 years old, and I've got a lot of data in it. 

NOTE: What may not be clear above is that Q has changed the account balances as far back as I've been able to check.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @mrzookie,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and have not yet received a follow-up response.

If you haven't already, I recommend that you create a copy of your data file by following the instructions provided below in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables.
    1. Go to File
    2. File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Leave the presets as is (unless you wish to shrink your file as well
    5. Click OK
    6. Wait for the copy procedure to complete
    7. Select New copy and click OK  

Once the newly copied file opens, see if the issue persists or resolves. If it does persist, please, try validating and super validating again in the copied file.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @mrzookie.

Just curious, have you validated your Quicken data file recently?  If not, you might try that to see if there are issues with your file.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Frankx
    As I wrote above, I've run both Validate and Super Validate, multiple times. No errors reported (other than inconsequential items unrelated to the problem I'm currently experiencing).

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @mrzookie,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and have not yet received a follow-up response.

If you haven't already, I recommend that you create a copy of your data file by following the instructions provided below in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables.
    1. Go to File
    2. File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Leave the presets as is (unless you wish to shrink your file as well
    5. Click OK
    6. Wait for the copy procedure to complete
    7. Select New copy and click OK  

Once the newly copied file opens, see if the issue persists or resolves. If it does persist, please, try validating and super validating again in the copied file.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.