Monday Bond Quotes Missing in History

Options
Bill
Bill Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
The price history for all of my bonds and CDs downloaded from Fidelity is missing Monday quotes every week. This is not a new problem; it has been going on for many months. I am attaching screenshots of three examples from this past week.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Bill

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

First, please navigate to Quicken > About Quicken and provide the release that you are running.

I would next recommend creating a test file, this will help isolate the issue further. Please go to File > New > Start From Scratch.

Once in the test file please navigate to Window > Securities and add this bond in quesiton.

Do you see the price update for Monday for this bond in the test file?

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for responding to my post and for your willingness to troubleshoot my problem. Please be advised that I am using the following version of Quicken: 6.0.3 (Build 600.37136.100). Also, my bond investments are held by Fidelity Investments from which I download to Quicken transactions in my investment accounts. An individual bond is added to my Securities List when I purchase it in one of these Fidelity accounts.

I understand how to set up a test file using your instructions, but not how to add a bond to the Securities List if it does not appear as a purchase transaction in an account. Are you proposing a more direct way to add a bond to the list to see its history? On the Securities List page I tried entering one of my existing bonds, but was unable to download a price history for it. Do I need to wait until tomorrow to see if today's (a Monday) price shows up in the history?

Bill
  • Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Checking on Tuesday, there are no Monday closing prices on any of my bonds and CDs (mutual funds do show prices) in the Securities list in both my existing account and test account.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Bill,

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I apologize for the delay.

Can you please provide the name of the bond in question? I can then attempt to add security.

If this is not a publically traded security and the quote is not provided by Quicken's service provider and is instead provided by Fidelity, you will need to contact Fidelity for this issue.

You can still perform a test however by adding the Fidelity account in the test file and see if you get the same results.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    In response to you're request for bond names, attached is a screen shot of several active securities taken directly from my Quicken Securities List. None of them ever shows a Monday quote. To my knowledge these are all publicly traded securities.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Bill,

Thank you for the examples, these bonds are not available through the quote service provider within Quicken.

If these were available they would be found when adding new security to the file.

The next step will be to reach out to the financial institution or manually edit the price history to include the price for Monday.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Quicken_Tyka  Just trying to understand: so how/why does Bill get prices for the other days of the week (as shown in the screenshots in his original post above), if Quicken's quote provider doesn't support these securities?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, jacobs. You beat me to it with your question.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hello @jacobs and Bill

Thank you for the response, it would appear that this information is being provided by the financial institution.

As far as I know, if they were available from the service provider, they should be able to be added to a file by the steps shown in my previous comment.

I hope this helps to clarify.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.