how do i sync my data

Options
i just transferred quicken to new laptop. i have transfered data tto new laptop but my issue is now the program is not syncing with the cloud. it will start to sync then it will hang and i have to force close the program after waiting an hour for the program to try and sync. i did not have any issues with old laptop. i am willing to delete all cloud data and start with fresh cloud sync but i have no idea how. once the new year begens i willcreat a completely new data file

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @sondra99999,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Since your issue is related to syncing with the Quicken Cloud, do you happen to use the Mobile and/or Web apps at all?

If you do, then I suggest you try to reset your cloud data by following the steps below.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. Make sure sync shows is ON and click on Reset your cloud data (see below)
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

If you don't use the Mobile and Web apps, then you can simply follow the same steps from above except you would just switch the sync button to OFF instead of resetting. The reason being is that the only purpose syncing to the cloud serves is to be able to access your data from the two companion apps.

Let us know how it goes and/or if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @sondra99999,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Since your issue is related to syncing with the Quicken Cloud, do you happen to use the Mobile and/or Web apps at all?

If you do, then I suggest you try to reset your cloud data by following the steps below.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. Make sure sync shows is ON and click on Reset your cloud data (see below)
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

If you don't use the Mobile and Web apps, then you can simply follow the same steps from above except you would just switch the sync button to OFF instead of resetting. The reason being is that the only purpose syncing to the cloud serves is to be able to access your data from the two companion apps.

Let us know how it goes and/or if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.