wrong share prices downloaded from my Fidelity Roth

Several days ago a "One Step Update" brought in the wrong share pricing for my Fidelity Roth. I have manually downloaded this data from Fidelity into EXCEL and the data downloads properly. My version of of Quicken for windows is Version R30.19 and Build 27.1.30.19 which is up-to-date as of this morning. Has anyone seen this problem? Is this a known issue with Quicken?

Answers

  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Please provide a sample Ticker symbol and name of a security that's having this issue.  Also, the wrong price and what you believe the correct price should be.
    I'm a Fidelity customer also, so it should be pretty easy to look into this.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • lmc003
    lmc003 Member ✭✭
    Thanks! FDGFX and FBGRX (and others) show up as current price $1/share.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    It sounds like you've turned on "Simple Investing".
    Do EDIT, Preferences, "Investment Transactions" and UNcheck "Enable Simple Investing"
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • lmc003
    lmc003 Member ✭✭
    Good thinking but not the case, moreover my fidelity brokerage acct is just fine only my fidelity IRA downloads jacked up share prices ($!/share).
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I just added 1 sh of Blue Chip Growth to my Rollover IRA and downloaded quotes.
    It came in as $163+ a share.
    SO, the next thing to do is to check your download.  Do HELP, Log Files, OFX Log and save that file to your desktop.  Open it with NotePad or WordPad (NOT MS Word) and search from the bottom up for either of those symbols.  You might have to wade thru any recent transactions for that security before you get to where Quotes are associated with the symbol.
    What's shown there?
    BTW, that $1/share is a clear indication of "Simple Investing", we just need to figure out where it's being turned on.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • lmc003
    lmc003 Member ✭✭
    I see the share price in the log file: FBGRX<UNITPRICE>163.0800000<DTASOF>20210101 I just tried "resetting the account with no change and deleting and re-adding, no change
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    GOOD FIND.  So, the correct share price is being downloaded, but for some reason not used.
    Have you tried Validating your Q data file? FILE, File Operations, Validate and
    Repair ... being sure to check "Validate File" and "Rebuild Investing Lots" before you click OK
    But, I'll admit that such is a bit of a long shot, because corruption impacting only a single file is rare.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Also, have you looked at the Price History for some of these securities ...to see if there's a future dated price there (or any other screwy pricing)?
    TOOLS, Security List, click on the security name and then cllick "More" and "Edit Price History"
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And ...
    Did you bother to delete the (presumably) existing $1 price on 1/1/21 at any stage?  Since that is a 'bad' price from some unknown source, who knows where it stands in the hierarchy, but I can see that redownloading a different price for the same date might not change the existing price.  
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    NotACPA said:
    GOOD FIND.  So, the correct share price is being downloaded, but for some reason not used.

    It is important to note that prices come from both downloading from the financial institution (which what you see in the OFX log) and from the third party quote service (which aren't logged anywhere).

    And normally the third party quotes will "win" because they are "newer".  The information downloaded from most brokers isn't "real time" it is updated later in the day.  An in fact in the case of Fidelity they update their prices in the early morning of the next day.

    The place to really look for problem prices is in the security price history (as suggest by you guys above).  This "outside" of any account, so updating/removing/adding accounts might not affect it depending on what Quicken thinks is the most recent price.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • lmc003
    lmc003 Member ✭✭
    I'm turning all your ideas over to my husband, he has more patience than me! if that doesn't produce results, I'll call Quicken support! Thank you for your excellent ideas!
  • lmc003
    lmc003 Member ✭✭
    Thank you to both of you, the problem was definitely in the security price history . There were several dates where the share price was $1, mostly days the market was closed. Deleted those entries, deleted and re-added my account, now both share balances and current market value is accurate. Your help was the best!
Sign In or Register to comment.