Recent update erased my Investing views.

The most recent update (~01/04/2021), erased the regular views under the Investing tab that I had cultivated over the years. Now all the views include old obsolete accounts (and current ones), sorted randomly and all the columns are the defaults, not the ones I've chosen and sized over the years. Certainly is recoverable, but why mess with that in an update?

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rscherm

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response and for the issue experienced after installing the latest R30.19 release.

From the description provided I wonder if the Simple Investing view was turned on during the update.  If you haven't already, please open Quicken and go to the Edit menu > Preferences option.

In the Preferences window that opens, select "Investment Transactions" from the list and on the right side of the window, is the Simple Investing option checked?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • rscherm
    rscherm Member
    Thanks for dropping the note with your suggestion.
    Yes it was checked. I've never wandered into these preferences before. Should it be cleared or checked for normal use?
    BTW, I've recreated my former views manually after a bit of futsing.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rscherm

Thank you for the question, although I apologize that you have not received a follow-up response.

If unchecking the option to Enable Simple Investing returned your investment view back to what you usually see, I would move forward leaving this option unchecked.

The Simple Investing view will only show positions held and will have a limited amount of information.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah @Quicken_Tyka

I think the OP is describing a problem with his Investing Portfolio views and not the transaction lists.

Or does simple investing wipe out the portfolio views?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • rscherm
    rscherm Member
    Thanks to you all for your comments and support.
    Jim Harman is correct, my original problem was with the portfolio views.
    Since I was able to manually recreate the views I used to have. I am all set. I will choose not to play with the recommended Preferences setting, since we all aren't quite sure what impact it may have on things.
    BTW, the reason I needed the certain portfolio reports formatted properly is because I export them to Excel for use in automated data queries. Column headings all need to match up with the macros written in Excel.
    Everything's all good now so we can close the case.
    Many thanks to all.