Problems syncing PC with phone

Didi Sugandi
Didi Sugandi Member ✭✭
I saw another thread which addressed this issue. But it seems that it was never resolved. I have no placeholder transactions in any account. I've run the 'validate and repair' app. Yet, when I try to add my checking account to the Quicken Mobile and App, I get the following error message:
“You cannot transfer into your mutual fund account prior to a Placeholder Transaction”.
Once the error appears, the only way to get out of the screen is to use Task Manager to kill the program. How can one track what is causing the error message to appear?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Didi Sugandi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which desktop version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data and see if that may make a difference. However, before doing so, first, please verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF").

From there, you can then proceed to Reset your cloud data (see steps below).
    1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile app
    2. On your Quicken desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    6. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    7. Go to the Mobile & Web tab
    8. Attempt to add your Checking account again
    9. If successful - click on the blue Sync Now button to reinitiate the sync and to make sure no errors recur
    10. Wait for it to finish syncing again
    11. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile app to verify the account was successfully added

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Didi Sugandi
    Didi Sugandi Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your help. After multiple times resetting the cloud data, a placeholder transaction reappeared in one of my mutual funds. It was a placeholder from 2006 which had disappeared when I had manually updated the share balance. But apparently my update was a few days after the placeholder. So even though it had disappeared from the list which showed up at the end of the transaction page. it had been recreated and stayed hidden as an entry backdated to 2006. Multiple resets, finally made it reappear. Once it reappeared on the normal placeholder list, I was able to locate the place holder and redate the share balance update to the day prior to the recreated place holder. Once that was done, two more times resetting the cloud data, finally cleared the errors from the database and I was able to add my checking account. I knew I was making progress because each reset generated a different error message.

This is still not perfect since the sync feature seems to consistently add back, to my phone, transactions downloaded from my bank account which had been manually matched on the PC. This results in double entries on the phone app which I had to delete manually to get the balances correct on the phone app. But at least everything seems to be finally working.

I've been using Quicken since 1994. So my data file has gone through multiple updates over the years. I'm sure this has added to the difficulty in getting the files to work properly with newer technology.

DS
This discussion has been closed.