Home Quicken for Windows Registers & Transactions (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Downloaded Bank Transactions Payee Names

Nancy KeithNancy Keith Member ✭✭
I'm experiencing issues related to my downloaded payment transactions emanating from TD Bank. The dates and amounts are correct, but instead of entering the biller's names, the download inserts names such as "Automatic Thank", or "Autopay Rautopay" instead. This then requires me to logon to my bank account to find out which Biller was paid. I am using One Step Update as opposed to downloading directly from the online bank site. I'm using Windows 10 and a desktop computer. Is this a Quicken problem as TD Bank asserts, or is it the Bank's issue?

Answers

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Nancy Keith

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

Do you use renaming rules for these transactions?

Last, please Choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top and provide the connection type being used.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Nancy KeithNancy Keith Member ✭✭
    Quicken_Tyka:

Quicken Build: 2020, R30.21, 27.1.30.21

The renaming rules seem to be overridden each time, because the same 'Automatic Thank' or 'Autopay Rautopay' is the same term used for all automatic payments. The downloaded transactions are also confuse the Biller Names on downloaded payments as well.

TD Bank does not support Express Web Connect (just got off the phone with them), so just the standard connection is being used.

Thank you for responding so soon!
    Hello @Nancy Keith

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

As a test, can you please add the Downloaded Payee to the register in Quicken?

Does this payee match the payee that you are already seeing or does it show something different? 

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
    I added the Downloaded the Downloaded ID, and what displays is a bunch of numbers instead of names. If I check Downloaded Payee, some of the Payee names are just check numbers.
    Hello @Nancy Keith

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I have requested the incorrect information from you I apologize. The Downloaded ID is used to help determine the cause of duplicate transactions.

May I ask that you add the "Downloaded Payee" column. This will provide the Payee that the financial institution is assigning. This can help isolate if the payee is being sent by the financial institution this way or if it is being truncated by the program.

Please let me know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
    In my previous response, I mentioned that the Downloaded Payees were just check numbers. I hope this helps..
    Hello @Nancy Keith

Thank you for the response and clarification. As the connection is Direct Connect, this will most likely require an escalation on the bank's end.

Quicken may only escalate issues happening on Express Web Connect as Quicken has access to this server.

I would recommend contacting support for a review of the logs to help isolate the issue in the log files. You may also request that support contact TD Bank on a conference call to help escalate the issue.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~