How do I add the 8 months worth of transactions that aren't there?

PaulDG
PaulDG Member
Just joined, followed all the prompts and only a few months worth of transactions are available in all accounts.
Why?
How do I add the rest?

Best Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It's written for QWin, but it might give you some ideas for QMac.
    The fundamental issue is that the banks/cards/brokerages/etc decide how far back a download, initiated from within Q, can go.  So you need to see if your FIs will work with the "Download Old" process.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you can't download them you can enter them manually from your bank statements etc.  Start fresh in the morning with a big pot of coffee.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It's written for QWin, but it might give you some ideas for QMac.
    The fundamental issue is that the banks/cards/brokerages/etc decide how far back a download, initiated from within Q, can go.  So you need to see if your FIs will work with the "Download Old" process.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you can't download them you can enter them manually from your bank statements etc.  Start fresh in the morning with a big pot of coffee.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    volvogirl said:
    Personally my approach would be to either just stick with what downloaded or trim it up to starting at the beginning of the year depending how I felt about where my data starts from (it has to start from somewhere).

I would be much too lazy to enter that data.  If my purpose was to get it for tax reasons I just wouldn't.  There isn't anything "magical" about Quicken and taxes.  As in "you import it into Quicken and then into your Tax Program and done".  Without those transactions being properly categorized and such it is just garbage in garbage out (or more like Quicken's guessing in, who knows what out).  Most of the information you need for taxes come from things like W-2s, 1099s, and for the things that don't well you can either pull up reports on the credit cards or such or whatever.  Clearly unless this is the very first year you have done taxes you "have a way".

If this was for budgeting, I might be more tempted to enter the transactions manually, but probably not I would again go back "whatever I was doing before" or if I'm brand new to budgeting, then pull up some reports from say my credit cards.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S. To me the value of Quicken is its ability to let me download and categorize things as they happen, when they are fresh in my mind so that I can do it correctly.  And then later use its reports to do a better job of knowing what is happening in my finances.

To believe that Quicken is an "automated" system that performs magic to just make my finances magically get "organized", well that is "marketing talk", not what really happens.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.