Quicken renewal question

Options
I just renewed my Quicken membership, but have received no instructions for downloading the new version. (I am going from Deluxe to Starter.) What do I do next? Thanks for your assistance.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @laflauta,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

If you already have the program installed and simply downgraded your subscription, you won't need to reinstall it. Instead, if the switch does not automatically take place, you will simply need to sign out of your data file completely and then sign back in.

Before doing so, first, navigate to Help > About Quicken to verify that the renewal and downgrade haven't automatically been applied yet. Then, please follow the steps below to sign out and back in.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it may say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once signed in, navigate back to Help > About Quicken to verify the renewal and downgrade has been successfully applied.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @laflauta,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

If you already have the program installed and simply downgraded your subscription, you won't need to reinstall it. Instead, if the switch does not automatically take place, you will simply need to sign out of your data file completely and then sign back in.

Before doing so, first, navigate to Help > About Quicken to verify that the renewal and downgrade haven't automatically been applied yet. Then, please follow the steps below to sign out and back in.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it may say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once signed in, navigate back to Help > About Quicken to verify the renewal and downgrade has been successfully applied.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope you don't have any loan or investment accounts since Quicken Starter doesn't support them. Also, if you let your subscription lapse, your data becomes Read Only.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • laflauta
    laflauta Member
    Options
    Thanks to you both. The program has automatically updated itself and changed to Starter. I am not tracking any loans or investments so it's all good.
This discussion has been closed.