Bill reminder date error

I have had this bill on my reminder list for almost a year now. It worked great every month. This time around I see this!! (see image). It is not due again till June of 2023!!.
Questions?
Why did this happen?
I get these odd things happening at times I feel like Quicken is not appropriate for business. Any thoughts? Last year my check numbers got automatically changed and I had to go back to the bank records and re-edit them on quicken!!

Answers

• Ahmed

Thank you for posting in the Community today, though I’m sorry that you are seeing this issue with the bill reminder. 

To be sure I understand the situation, it seems that this bill reoccurs monthly and that the reminder has worked as it should for almost a year? Now the reminder is indicating that the bill is not due until 2023, according the screenshot?

First, please check to see that you are updated to the newest software version R30.21 by choosing the HELP menu, then ABOUT QUICKEN. If the software is not updated to this version, please choose CHECK FOR UPDATES from the HELP menu and install the update.

Once the software is updated or you have verified that it is updated, run a validation on the data file. To do this, choose the FILE menu, then FILE OPERATIONS and from there choose VALIDATE AND REPAIR. Choose the first option on the left VALIDATE FILE as shown in the picture below, then OK at the bottom right.

Please let us know if this action resolved the bill reminder.

Thank you

Quicken Diana

• Ahmed
    Ahmed Member ✭✭
    I was on the newest version already. I ran the validation process. The log file showed me some account that no longer exist and changed a couple of older payments to [unspecified accounts]. None were related to the issue listed above.

I checked the bill and reminders and the upcoming payments is still the same amount and due in 2023!! Please help lol
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 2021
    Hello @Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try Validating Online billers. In order to do so, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the Gear-icon found on the top-right corner. Then, Select Validate Online billers (see below).

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ahmed
    Ahmed Member ✭✭
    I followed your step and it still says the bill is due on 06/30/2023. :neutral:
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for trying those steps and following up, though I'm sorry to hear that the issue continues to persist.

Next, if you haven't already, I suggest removing and re-adding the bill.

To remove the bill, navigate to the Bills & Income tab, and click on the Gear-icon on the top-right. Then, select Manage Online Biller (see below).

Then, select Remove next to the Online Biller name you are experiencing this issue with (see below).

Once it's been successfully removed, go ahead and try to re-add it.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.