In/Out/Profit/Loss snapshot on the Home tab or Rental Property Tab does not populate Loans?

The In/Out/Profit/Loss snapshot on the Home tab or Rental Property Tab does not display an amount under Loan Payments unless it is a manual loan reminder that is not connected online. I noticed that none of my loans are showing up in this tool. They are included in the Bills column but not in the appropriate Loan Payments column All of my loans are connected loans will Loan Reminders. I added an unconnected manual loan with a loan reminder and it populated in this area correctly. Has anyone else had this issue? ANy ideas? I captured a screen shot for further illustration.

Best Answer

• jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @Quicken Anja

I have figured out a work around. Even though a Connected Loan account does not have a register and does not populate as an account in a transaction entry list to be selected (This is a system setting that can not be changed) You can put the Connected account in brackets like a transfer and it will accept it and thus will populate the Loan in the Loan Payment line of the snapshot. The specifics about the split lines still apply. This will not be something that can be figured out easily by users... but glad I did!

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @jnprop,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, could you please check which categories are being used by the manual and the Online Bill reminders as well as which category groups are assigned to these categories? Are they using the same or different categories? Once you've determined which categories are being used, please navigate to Tools > Category List to check the category group.

Please, check back and let us know what you find.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Anja

Version: R30.21
    Build: 27.1.30.21

I think I have figured this out after reading a sentence in the help section.

"The In/Out/What's Left snapshot considers any transfer to a liability account to be a loan payment. This part of the feature can't be customized."

Based on this and my testing...., For an amount to populate as a Loan Payment there has to be a transfer into a liability account (the principal essentially).

So there in lies the problem. Connected loan accounts do not have registers like unconnected accounts to transfer an amount into. So I see this as a programming issue. Based on how this is programmed currently , connected loan accounts will not populate in the Loan Payment line in the In/Out/What's left Snap Shot. This goes for the snapshot on the Home Tab for personal groups and the snapshot on the Rental Tab for rental groups. I tested both.
    -----------------------------------

More I have figured out...... Now, if the transaction is split (which loan payments usually are), for the total amount to populate, the 1st line in the split has to be the transfer into the liability account. When this isn't true, then the amount to populate will only be the transfer amount. It will leave off the other split amounts if the 1st line is not the transfer.... but will populate the transfer amount. If you remove the transfer all together and leave the other split lines then nothing populates to the Loan Payment line in the snapshot. This further confirms my theory.

Look forward to hearing back from you!
  • jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @Quicken Anja

I have figured out a work around. Even though a Connected Loan account does not have a register and does not populate as an account in a transaction entry list to be selected (This is a system setting that can not be changed) You can put the Connected account in brackets like a transfer and it will accept it and thus will populate the Loan in the Loan Payment line of the snapshot. The specifics about the split lines still apply. This will not be something that can be figured out easily by users... but glad I did!
This discussion has been closed.