Jan 13 2020 Citibank transaction download messed up previously downloaded / matched transaction
I have maintained two Citibank credit card accounts on Quicken for a number of years, with near-daily downloads matching against transactions I've entered manually. Yesterday when I did my usual download, I noticed that Quicken was doing "something" to match against online. I paid no attention at the time, but a few minutes later I noticed that my checking account now had a lot more money showing in it than previously. After considerable poking around, I found that some credit card transactions, including payment transactions, over the 9 months or so had been replaced by the raw downloaded transactions. As a result, the payment transactions no longer show as money being transferred from my checking account. The other transactions have lost payee editing, categories, etc. None of them are cleared or reconciled. This happened for several months, interspersed with unaffected months. Both Citi accounts were affected. Very strange to say the least!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.