Mutual Fund Sync - Shows shares as cash

Options
2»

Comments

• echo84
    echo84 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hi @Sherlock , I think I follow you now. I unchecked the account in the Compare account portfolio after download preference: select Edit > Preferences, deleted the placeholder transactions, verified that the security is still not matched with an online security, then corrected each transaction to reflect the correct security. I then returned to the Online Center -> Holdings -> Compare to Portfolio, and received the attached message. I selected the first option and moved forward. I then synced with Prudential and notice that the security is now missing from the Securities List... I have ticked the "show hidden" box, but the security appears to be missing. Despite the screenshot being obvious - I guess I renamed the security to "Unidentified Security" LOL It's truly a Monday my friend.
  • echo84
    echo84 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I thought it was doing the reverse, but it looks like I was too quick and wrote over the Fidelity Security. UGH!!! Any way to get that back?
  • echo84
    echo84 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Okay, I went to the Security List and simply changed the name from "Unidentified Security" to Fidelity 500 Index Fund (FXAIX), and mapped it to the FXAIX symbol. The transactions now appear correctly - mapped to the Fidelity security. There continues to be a slight deviation from the actual account balance by a few dollars, but I suppose it's progress. Sorry I seem to have messed the security up a bit tonight - it's a combination of being a long day and reaching the peak of my confusion with how Quicken interprets this information. UGH!!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    echo84 said:
    Okay, I went to the Security List and simply changed the name from "Unidentified Security" to Fidelity 500 Index Fund (FXAIX), and mapped it to the FXAIX symbol. The transactions now appear correctly - mapped to the Fidelity security. There continues to be a slight deviation from the actual account balance by a few dollars, but I suppose it's progress. Sorry I seem to have messed the security up a bit tonight - it's a combination of being a long day and reaching the peak of my confusion with how Quicken interprets this information. UGH!!
    Well it sounds like you got there eventually.

Regarding the account balances, it's probably the security's price quote.  Mutual fund price quotes are usually available a couple of hours after the markets close. 
  • echo84
    echo84 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Sherlock , this is likely the case. Everything is matching with Prudential now, so I'm quite pleased that we finally reached the finish line! I've also learned quite a bit from yourself and @Rocket J Squirrel about how to troubleshoot similar issues in the future. There are definitely some areas I would not have ventured to without some guidance.

Thank you both @Sherlock and @Rocket J Squirrel for all your help!
This discussion has been closed.